• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Kylo Ren vs Darth Vader - FORCE OF DARKNESS (A Star Wars Fan-Film)

hbenthow

Reaction score
Trophy Points

And here is a VFX comparison:

I'm impressed. The production values are among the best that I've ever seen in a Star Wars fan film.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well the quality of this one is pretty off the scales. I'm not really seeing the point of the narrative and it feels pretty fan servicey to have them fight, but this really was impressive stuff akin to the Darth Maul fan film. The only real negatives I see are the look of it, not sure if it's a lighting thing or a frame rate thing but it doesn't look like film, and the lightsaber battle was pretty scripted and unnatural looking. Fan films are really coming along.

hothstation

Reaction score
Trophy Points
DigModiFicaTion said:
Well the quality of this one is pretty off the scales. I'm not really seeing the point of the narrative and it feels pretty fan servicey to have them fight, but this really was impressive stuff akin to the Darth Maul fan film. The only real negatives I see are the look of it, not sure if it's a lighting thing or a frame rate thing but it doesn't look like film, and the lightsaber battle was pretty scripted and unnatural looking. Fan films are really coming along.

Agreed - hopefully we can see more projects like this one in the very near future.

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've seen use this for Star Wars sequel trilogy edits...makes for a nice alternative beginning to Force Awakens.

Top Bottom