• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Alien 3: Third Cut:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Alien 3: Third Cut:

This is very nearly perfect! I consider the assembly cut the better version of Alien 3, and I LOVE Alien 3. But even that version has its issues with some dodgy effects and some things I missed from the theatrical cut. What this cut does is take the workprint cut and fix almost all of my issues! The FX work is what I was most looking forward to checking out, and it is stellar. I didn't encounter any issues with audio, and while it's not quite 1080p, the video looked quite nice on my 65" screen. I also didn't notice any issues with any transitions or wacky sound levels, which is always nice. All in all, it was an excellent experience. My only issue is that it still feels quite long. It is long, obviously, and that isn't necessarily a problem (I'm a fan of the assembly cut, after all.), but it definitely drags in places, and a perfect cut of this movie would tighten up the pacing a bit. To that end, I'm not sure the scene with the two inmates talking around the dead ox justifies its inclusion without the animal playing host to the alien. Some of the extended stuff around the fire could go, too, as that sequence goes on forever. But as a light edit of the extended cut of the movie, this is edit is aces!

https://ifdb.fanedit.org/alien-3-third-cut/discussions/10471/

Top Bottom