• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

How two Vancouver filmmakers are 'fixing' The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I applaud the effort but this bit sounds a bit concerning:

Scott and Ross took the laserdisc... hooked it up to a wall projector... and taped the movie off the wall... With this copy as a visual reference, they...

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Wow, I had no idea that such a famous movie had such restoration problems. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised considering the whole Star Wars situation, but I thought that was just a fluke. I'm glad someone is working on it even if the rest of us can't see it.

Thanks for sharing!

lapis molari

Better edits through feedback.
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Nice to see fanediting in the news as a serious effort, not just as a nerdy hobby.

For their amount of effort, I agree with @"TM2YC" that projecting their laserdisc sounds odd. If you invest so much time and care, why not invest in making a lossless rip of your laserdisc?

A side note on the journalist's writing: "they mounted an arduous pilgrimage" [to a scene location in Spain], made me laugh. I suspect a less dramatic and more accurate reporting would be "they went on vacation to Spain." :)

Plissken1138

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
lapis molari said:
a less dramatic and more accurate reporting would be...

well...

e89cf665a24a21efb3084e011aa34b00

:p :p :p

Top Bottom