If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

Movies that you didn't like at first but now love
Cars is the only movie I remember walking out of the theater for. I haven't bothered to try watching it again.

I used to hate Incredibles and Little Mermaid, my father's favorite Pixar and Disney film respectively, but now I don't mind them.
Mega Man is best game.
(07-06-2019, 06:32 AM)DigModiFicaTion Wrote: I wouldn't say I love Cars now, in fact I think it's a very poorly paced movie

Interesting, might be a good idea for a trim. How would you say the movie is poorly paced? Any idea how it can be edited to fix it?
[+] 2 users Like Masirimso17's post
The Odd Couple (1968) was mildly entertaining the first time I saw it, but that theme song stuck in my head, and I rewatched it and fell in love with it.

The Philadelphia Story (1940) was similar in that I found it mildly entertaining the first time around, then I wrote a paper on it and now see it as a finely tuned, focused attack on class.  It's also adorable.

Also Blade Runner.
"Everything ends and it's always sad.  But everything begins again too and that's always happy.  Be happy." ~ The Doctor
(07-06-2019, 11:14 AM)Masirimso17 Wrote:
(07-06-2019, 06:32 AM)DigModiFicaTion Wrote: I wouldn't say I love Cars now, in fact I think it's a very poorly paced movie

Interesting, might be a good idea for a trim. How would you say the movie is poorly paced? Any idea how it can be edited to fix it?

I'm curious as well
Wake up, and smell the ashes.
Alfred Hitchcock's The Birds.

I mean when you're a kid in the 80s hearing what a masterpiece this movie is about birds attacking people you think you're in for a good ride (plus I always liked older special effects so I didn't mind that aspect). But come on, what a boring movie it was and there is not even an ending...
Now of course I see the movie differently. I also learned that "birds" in english also means girls and when you understand that the movie is more about the relationship between the female characters than the actual flying animals it makes more sens. There are some various theories about what the birds attacks mean but I just go with what I feel and that is that the birds behaviors reflect the state of mind of the characters.
I still don't love that movie but I can appreaciate it on another level. And the directing is of course very good.
"Always in motion is the future"
My instagramMy BLog - All my fanedits at IFDB - Q&A with TMBTM (from 2012) 
I re-watched The Birds last year expecting not to like it as much, but I loved it. It remains one of my favourite Hitchcock movies. The ending is perfect.
"I live in the Tower of Flints. I am the death-owl."

COMPLETED: IFDB
ITW: Lord of The Zep ~ The Thing From 1951
IDEAS: Thread ~ B+ Movie Series ~ Anatomy of a Shrinking Man ~ Avatar: TLA (TV-Movie Project)
The Birds is ok but Birdemic makes The Birds look like Sharknado.
[+] 1 user Likes TVs Frink's post
UHF (1989)

The last time I watched UHF — which was also the first — was c. 2013; I found it annoying as hell and disliked most of it; I gave it a rating of 4.9/10. Watched it tonight, and now I really freakin' like it; I give it a solid 7/10.

Guess it just took time for my affinity for absurdist humour to ripen.
"Never was there a time when I did not exist, nor you, nor all these kings; nor in the future shall any of us cease to be."

Bhagavad Gita 2:12
[+] 2 users Like Duragizer's post
I saw Blade Runner in the '90s on VHS, and I thought it was just OK. It might have even been the theatrical cut with that awful narration. I then caught the tail end of the director's cut (?) on TV, with its much more powerful ending, and I finally got the hype. Plus, I began to see how movies and shows I love, such as Back to the Future Part II, The Fifth Element and Firefly, borrow so heavily from the visuals in that movie. Gotta give credit where it's due. 

I didn't like Return to Oz at all when I first saw it, but I watched it again a couple of weeks ago; while it's still not a masterpiece, it's perfectly fine. This time I didn't expect it to live up to the 1939 musical, and I was able to see it as a worthy entry in the dark action/fantasy movies of the 1980s (including The NeverEnding Story, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, Ladyhawke, etc.).

When I first saw Primer, it went completely over my head, and immediately upon finishing, I declared it one of the worst movies I had ever seen. My wife got it better than I did, though, and after a lengthy discussion about it, it sunk in. Now I highly recommend it to fans of time-travel movies.
[+] 1 user Likes TomH1138's post
(07-09-2019, 01:59 PM)TVs Frink Wrote: The Birds is ok but Birdemic makes The Birds look like Sharknado.

Sharknado is amazing.
What has hardened will never win.
[+] 1 user Likes Collipso's post