If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

Movies that you didn't like at first but now love
District 9

Can't think of any others.
The journey from "didn't like" to "love" is a long one. I didn't think much of Blade Runner when I first saw it. Years later I've seen it numerous times and I appreciate it a lot more, and like it a little more - but I don't love it. 

X-Men: First Class I hated - now I don't love it, but I think it's decent. 

First watch of The Godfather I thought it was just ok. Now having watched it 3 times I think it's very good. It's 10/10 for me, but I still wouldn't say I "love" it. 

When Marnie Was There has grown on me quite a bit since I first watched it. 

Rear Window I've always enjoyed, but I don't think I fully appreciated just how good it was until re-watching it again recently. 

I didn't think much of Jaws when I first saw it, but enjoyed it a lot more when watching it recently. I still think the final act is a bit lengthy though.
"I live in the Tower of Flints. I am the death-owl."

COMPLETED: IFDB
ITW: The Ledzeppership of The Rings ~ TMWKTM (1956)
IDEAS: Thread ~ B+ Movie Series ~ Anatomy of a Shrinking Man ~ Avatar: TLA (TV-Movie Project)
[+] 1 user Likes The Scribbling Man's post
Into the Spiderverse, when I first saw it in theaters, I thought it was pretty good, but there was too much Spider-Man lately, I couldn't fully enjoy it. Over saturation. Now I love it, and I realize that there's no such thing as too much Spider-Man, and I want more Spider-Man.

I didn't like Blade Runner or Xmen First Class when I first saw them, like Scrib. Now I love them.
Mega Man is best game. 
[+] 1 user Likes jrWHAG42's post
Drive - Watched it when it hit cinemas and hated it. Later in the year I went to a "vote for the best film of the year and we'll screen it" awards night type thing. I voted for The Artist, Drive won, I sighed and but I loved Drive the second time.

I'm the opposite on First Class. Loved it at first, then began to see more and more flaws and now I think it's embarrassing rubbish.
I can't think of anything.  If I dislike something, I move on.  Too many things to watch and too little time to watch them with means I'm not going back to figure out what I missed the first time.
[+] 1 user Likes TVs Frink's post
2001: A Space Odyssey, Inherent Vice and The Big Lebowski all took multiple (at least 2 or 3) watches before I "got" them.

Now they're three of my favourite movies.
Can't say I've come to "love" all these films, but my appreciation for them has risen over the years.

• 2001: A Space Odyssey (1968)
  • American Beauty (1999)
  • Clerks (1994)
  • Dead End (2003)
  • Donnie Darko (2001)
  • Dune (1984)
  • The Exorcist (1973)
  • Freaked (1993)
  • Hellboy (2004)
  • House (1985)
  • Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (1989)
  • Iron Man (2008)
  • Memento (2000)
  • Monty Python and the Holy Grail (1975)
  • The Others (2001)
  • Student Bodies (1981)
  • Terminator 2: Judgment Day (1991)
  • Terminator Salvation (2009)
  • Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me (1992)
  • Videodrome (1983)
Deconstruction without reconstruction is destruction.
[+] 2 users Like Duragizer's post
I know it's flawed, but I also like Terminator Salvation. I don't think it's nearly as bad as peeps make it out to be.
"I live in the Tower of Flints. I am the death-owl."

COMPLETED: IFDB
ITW: The Ledzeppership of The Rings ~ TMWKTM (1956)
IDEAS: Thread ~ B+ Movie Series ~ Anatomy of a Shrinking Man ~ Avatar: TLA (TV-Movie Project)
[+] 1 user Likes The Scribbling Man's post
The Room.

30 mins in, I hated it.
90 mins in, I loved it.
Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this forum post do not represent the views of Fanedit.org or the Administrators. 
Inception: While I loved the visuals of inception, but had an issue with the story at first. After a second go at it in the theater it became one of my all time favorite movies.

Anne of Green Gables/Anne of Avonlea: I loathed these movies in my early years as I had to watch them because my sister liked them. Now I love them and they sit proudly on my shelf Smile

Cars: I couldn't stand Lightning McQueen so I always found a way to leave when it was on. A few years back I finally saw the ending and now Lightning McQueen is one of my favorite Pixar characters. I wouldn't say I love Cars now, in fact I think it's a very poorly paced movie, but I do like Lightning McQueen and we do have all 3 of the movies and Mater's Tales now.

Newsies: Musicals as a kid just weren't my thing. We watch this at least once or twice a year now.

Solo: I almost wanted my money back when we saw this in the theater. I couldn't see half of what was going on due to the lighting and I just didn't like a lot of it. After editing it for continual countless hours I've grown very fond of it. I don't know if I love it, but I'd definitely watch it before the prequels and sequels.

A Knights Tale: This movie came out when Heath Ledger was the love interest of every girl, or so it seemed. He was like Leonardo DiCaprio in that way so of course I couldn't stand him or the movie. Once I grew up I realized the gem this movie is.
[+] 1 user Likes DigModiFicaTion's post