• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Game of Thrones: A Tale of Kings and Honor:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Game of Thrones: A Tale of Kings and Honor:

I've always been more of a fan of the ASOIAF novels than the show which I stopped watching around early season 2. Was quite interested to see this project cutting the seasons down into films, and I'm also a LOTR buff so I was interested to see how the music played.

Overall it's a strong cut well-executed. The music worked better than I expected, but I felt that some of the original music warranted inclusion rather than a wholesale replacement, and sometimes there was just too much strong music constantly without enough time to breathe.

There were some unfortunate digital glitches that others have mentioned, hopefully those will be cleaned up for a better viewing experience but hardly a deal breaker. Also noticeably lower audio quality at a few points.

I thought the narrative worked quite well! If anything I think it could have done with another 20-30 minutes, particularly to develop the Stark children a bit more and make the King's Landing conspiracy slightly less rushed. Strong decisions on what to include and what to cut overall.

Excited to watch the follow-up edits.

https://ifdb.fanedit.org/game-of-thrones-a-tale-of-kings-and-honor/discussions/10446/

Back
Top Bottom