• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Best Vegas rendering settings for Blu-ray-compatible video?

hbenthow

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm using Vegas Pro 15 to perform some edits to the visuals of a movie, but not making any cuts. I want to output a video file with no audio, and then mux the video and original audio file together using tsMuxeR. I need the video to be fully Blu-ray compatible so that I can mux it into Blu-ray format using tsMuxer, without any post-Vegas encoding. I want the video file to have a bitrate of approximately 20 MBps (for size reasons). 

What is the best codec to use for rendering, and what are the best settings to use for that codec? It seems that Sony AVC and MAGIX AVC (Mainconcept) are probably the best two options, but I'm not certain which would work better than the other, or the best options to choose within the menus to fine-tune them.

Top Bottom