• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Spider-Man 4

hbenthow

Reaction score
Trophy Points
High Mountain Studios is making an unofficial fourth movie in Sam Raimi's Spider-Man series. It will star Bryn Clayton Jones as Peter Parker/Spider-Man, Brittany Anne Brown as Mary Jane Watson, Eric Manix as the Vulture, Mandi Huffman as Black Cat, Ed Edica as the Kingpin, and Erik Franklin as Alistair Smythe. The musical score is being composed by William McCarthy, using themes by Danny Elfman as well as some new ones for characters such as Black Cat and the Vulture.

The project's Kickstarter campaign has already exceeded its funding goal, and the finished movie is expected to be released some time in 2020.

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hopefully Sony/Disney don't lawyer up.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Zarius said:
Hopefully Sony/Disney don't lawyer up.

I don't see why they wouldn't or shouldn't. Yes, too few corporations own way too much of the culture, and I'm all for fan films and fan art, and Patreon donations are all well and good, I guess, but using Kickstarter appeals (and dollar-based rewards) for the specific use particular branded properties owned by others is bull****, IMO.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I highly doubt this will ever be released. Prime target for a C&D.

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
addiesin said:
I highly doubt this will ever be released. Prime target for a C&D.

Reading the Youtube comments for the update vid in the wake of the Sony/Disney split is interesting...some legit think there won't be a need for this because Sony can make the official Spider-Man 4 now :D

asterixsmeagol

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
What? They always could have made another Raimi Spider-Man if they wanted to.

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
asterixsmeagol said:
What? They always could have made another Raimi Spider-Man if they wanted to.

Youtube commenters aren't the brightest lights in the bulb

The Scribbling Man

Tenant of the Tower of Flints
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Surely, if anything they'd do Amazing Spiderman 3 (although the likelyhood of even that is questionable).

hbenthow

Reaction score
Trophy Points
To be fair, Avi Arad did recently say that he would like Sam Raimi to come back and direct an animated Spider-Man movie, but he didn't specify that it would be tied to the original trilogy.

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Apparently they had to rewrite a few things due to No Way Home

hbenthow

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Why is no one ever exploring the Lizard plotline that seems to keep being alluded to in the Raimi trilogy?
What do you mean? The Lizard is one of the villains in this fan film.

MusicEd921

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
What do you mean? The Lizard is one of the villains in this fan film.
Admittedly, I have not watched any of the posted clips/videos and was going off of your first post that doesn't mention the Lizard. I didn't see any other mention of the Lizard in any of the other posts either. My bad.

hbenthow

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Admittedly, I have not watched any of the posted clips/videos and was going off of your first post that doesn't mention the Lizard. I didn't see any other mention of the Lizard in any of the other posts either. My bad.
The reason that I didn't mention the Lizard in my first post is that they hadn't cast an actor for him yet, although they had announced that he would be in the movie. Several of the videos that I posted mention the Lizard, and some have Lizard concept art.

In this video, Bryn Jones demonstrates parts of the Lizard costume:

Here's a video about the Dr. Connors casting:

There's also this brief (not yet finished) clip of the Lizard in action:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVlZTG5BczT/

Top Bottom