• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Red

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0972883/

There I was expecting another clichéd revenge movie and meet Brian Cox as the new Charles Bronson, but that's not what I got - and luckily so, because this was a real good, slow paced and smart movie about a man seeking justice about a crime that to so many people does not really seem to be one - the killing of someone else's pet (a dog in this case).
I particularly liked, how well this movie handled the emotions and Brian Cox gave such an awesome appearance. It's a drama / thriller, not a thriller / drama. Those who liked Gran Torino, but could do with less show-off (except for the showdown, which I found a bit over the top) will see a great and moving movie.

8 of 10.

tranzor

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have been meaning to see this. After a while I loose track of what I acquire. A friend of mine owns a legitimate dvd business. Sometimes the screeners they get rid of he will give to me (no, not film,s in the theater screeners, but the type they give business's a short time before the street date). The screener for Red was part of a double movie pack. I had no idea for the past few months that I had the film. I was just looking at the cover of a comedy that was on the front. I was going to throw it out and then saw it had Red on the back ("son of a bitch" I said to myself)

Thank you for the review Boon. Will check that out this weekend

Top Bottom