• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Apollo 13/Apollo 11 mash up.

nostromo777

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
After recently watching Apollo 11, I thought it would be fun the replace a few shots in Apollo 13, using the the amazing 65mm footage from Apollo 11.   I wont significantly re-edit any of Ron Howard's live action shots, instead focusing only on replacing the impressive-for-1995-but-dated-today effects shots.

I wont alter the audio in any way.  Ill sync the 65mm footage to the 1995 sound mix.

some minor color tweaking will be done to match the look of 1995 film.

changes:

use the 1969 era Universal logo
replace some miniature/effects shots of the crawler
replace effects shots of the Apollo 13 with actual Apollo 11 footage
replace some crowd shots with actual Apollo 11 crowd shots
minor color changes
minor re-editing of Apollo 13 to help the new footage seamlessly work in the movie, with minimal distraction.

Ive already completed my first pass and will have it available for review soon.

As an approved faneditor, you don't need it reviewed, you can submit direct to IFDB.

no samples , no previews for fans to see how the edit was progressing?
still sounds like a cool idea.

This has now been launched on IFDB.

ChiefAggravatingCoati-max-1mb.gif

Thread moved.

Back
Top Bottom