• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Game of Thrones: A Tale of Kings and Honor:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Game of Thrones: A Tale of Kings and Honor:

This edit is astounding in that it collapsed so much complicated narrative into a less than 3 hour film. I'm shocked that it even worked, and even more impressed that it worked as well as it did.

Looked good on my 4k TV, I noticed a couple of pixelated spots which may or may not have been Plex related, so YMMV. Sounded good on my surround sound as well.

There are some choices made as far as what to cut, when to cut that I personally don't agree with, but none of it is done poorly. A lot of it will come down to your taste, and what you enjoy about the show.

My biggest grip is the new music. It just doesn't fit to me, especially given that the show has so much fantastic music. I'd honestly put the Game of Thrones score up there on par with Howard Shore's LOTR work. The music is also part of the personality of the show, just like Star Wars' music is part of what makes it so great. I'm a little puzzled by the decision to use different music, as it seems like it would be a lot of work to replace the music of the entire edit. Again, a personal opinion, so can't fault you for it.

Overall this is a truly impressive edit, and great for those that want to "watch" the season without devoting 10 hours to it. I'd be curious to see how it plays to someone that's never seen the show before.

https://ifdb.fanedit.org/game-of-thrones-a-tale-of-kings-and-honor/discussions/10382/

Top Bottom