If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

Searching for a movie (or series): Character turned aalcoholic
Hi.
I'm looking for a movie (or part of a series - not so sure anymore) where a character turned into an alcoholic. Yet this transition seemed unrealistic (to me) because he would never started drinking out of control.

It all seemed forced the writers/studio.

I remember parts of that (sub)plot:

- character succesful at his job
- starts taking a drink
- drinks more and more over time
- recovers later on.

Some revelations:

- his boss/superior shows him his 20+ years AA badge
- turns out a colleague always placed drinks near the character - out of revenge

I hope you guys can help  Smile
Do you have a rough idea of when it came out? Or at least when you saw it?
Mega Man is best game.
I don't remember when it was made (19xx-2010?), but I saw it about 5-6 years ago. And it was in color (iirc - 95%)

I remember the character a bit more vaguely.

- his life was kinda structured (no bending the rules)
- not a mean fellow
- usually neat
Days of Wine and Roses?

JEDIT... oh not that old. Try this website. https://www.whatismymovie.com/
Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this forum post do not represent the views of Fanedit.org or the Administrators. 
Is it in English?
Mega Man is best game.
Yes it's in English.  It was an american production (99% sure)
Do you have any idea of what job the protagonist had? Did he have any family?
Mega Man is best game.
[Image: v1.bTsxMTYxODQ2MDtqOzE4MTM0OzEyMDA7NjAwOzgwMA]
[+] 1 user Likes Moe_Syzlak's post
What the heck, Moe, I was just thinking about and reading up on that a couple hours ago, completely unrelated.
Mega Man is best game.
(05-20-2019, 09:47 PM)Moe_Syzlak Wrote: [Image: v1.bTsxMTYxODQ2MDtqOzE4MTM0OzEyMDA7NjAwOzgwMA]

Martin Scorsese Wrote:I like Shakes the Clown. Haven't you heard? It's the Citizen Kane of Alcoholic Clown Movies!
Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this forum post do not represent the views of Fanedit.org or the Administrators. 
[+] 1 user Likes Neglify's post