• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Lost Super Mario Bros footage has been found

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The Twitter account for the website smbmovie.com, a website dedicated to archiving all material regarding the Super Mario Brothers movie such as scripts, storyboards, and tracking down props, just tweeted that they found a tape containing deleted footage from the movie. It is unknown how much footage there is, how well the quality is, or how finished the scenes are. They have also posted in the replies that they will release it eventually.
Apparently in the past they have gotten in contact with people who have worked on the film, and considering that they're not releasing the footage immidiatly, I'm hoping that they're ensuring that the release will be fully legal. I don't know what the rules on the site entail as far as using deleted scenes that have been unreleased, but I hope that by some means this can be worked into some kind of extended fan edit. 

The tweet

Their Website 

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
giphy.gif

Never seen the movie, but its neat to see cut footage turn up like this after so long

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I definitely recommend the film. It's just a fun sci-fi/fantasy apocalyctic adventure with a great Dennis Hopper villain. It's been a few years though, so maybe some of the goofier elements don't hold up. It is worth noting that there are already two edits of the film on YouTube, one that focuses on the dark elements, the other focuses on making it lighter and adding music from the games. It's worth getting the film just for those, let alone the future edits that'll surely come up now with this.

The Scribbling Man

Tenant of the Tower of Flints
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have this on VHS somewhere, but haven't seen it since I was a kid. I remember being horrified and confused.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
jrWHAG42 said:
I definitely recommend the film.

Between this and your Phantom Menace love, I think you should get some help.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I mean, my talks with my therapist usually divulge into discussions of movies, I'm actually surprised that neither Phantom Menace nor Mario have come up in conversation. Though if it did, I'm sure he would just accept my fate rather than helping me with it.

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well I was (hopefully obviously) just kidding.  There's nothing wrong with liking a movie.

And full disclosure, I've never actually seen a single minute of this one.  I've just heard it's terrible.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It's really not nearly as bad as people make it out to be.

That One Guy

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
jrWHAG42 said:

You're right.

It's worse ;)

I think I watched the "dark" cut of SMB on Youtube - I liked the idea but the editing was pretty terrible. By which you can gather that:
a) I have seen the film on more than one occasion (and own it on home media), and
b) have an OH who unashamedly loves the film.

It'll be interesting to see what the deleted scenes are, assuming they surface. Shame they're on a tape rather than film, but better than nothing I guess...

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
You have an Ohio?

That One Guy

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TVs Mountbatten-Windsor said:
You have an Ohio?

I'll thank you to stay out of my personal life, Mountbatten-Windsor ;)

(It was an abbreviation of Other Half, an expression which may only be common in the UK...or you're just yanking my chain, in which case well played)

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm half yanking your chain.  I knew it wasn't Ohio, but had no idea what it was.  I'm more familiar with "better half" but even that would have confused me.  BH is of course "bounty hunter."

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I also head no idea what you meant. I've seen SO for significant other. But really almost all abbreviations of that sort confuse me except the ones that are universal, which I think are WTF, LOL, IMO. And contextual ones in a community, like how we have FE, OT, ITW, etc.

As for this movie, I regret the amount of times I've watched it. I don't think more footage of the same movie is what it needed. It needed something, but no deleted scenes will make sense of this thing.

Movie Yoshi is pretty cool though.

Garp

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I feel like I need to see this movie now. It sounds intriguing.

The Scribbling Man

Tenant of the Tower of Flints
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^^^ Maybe next year can be "My Year With Video-game Adaptations".

I joke. Don't do that to yourself.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The Scribbling Man said:

Please actually do this, Garp.

Garp

Reaction score
Trophy Points
jrWHAG42 said:
The Scribbling Man said:

Please actually do this, Garp.

Hmmm....

I actually have an idea for my next annual marathon, but I might take a year off first.

Possessed

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
jrWHAG42 said:

Don't listen to these lies, it's terrible and the fact that there's demand for an extended cut of it totally gasts my flabber.

Bob Hoskins once described it as his greatest regret.

Top Bottom