• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Oscars Live

All I can say is:
Thank god almighty that Wall-E won Best Animated Film and Heath Ledger won Best Supporting Actor for his role of the Joker in The Dark Knight. :)

I expect Slumdog Millionaire to pick up a stack more awards.

Slumdog Millionaire has got 4 awards so far.

Ghostcut said:
Slumdog Millionaire has got 4 awards so far.
Except that it f***ing robbed Wall-E for Best Sound Mixing and Best Music Score... :evil:

Well, Ghostcut, I guess you called it with Slumdog Millionaire. :roll:

I thought DK won for sound...

There's two different sound design awards. It's rather confusing. Sound editing went to TDK, sound mixing went to Slumdog.

I thought the Oscars started off good but got boring fast. It was too predictable. Slumdog Millionaire and The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button were in practically every category and if one film didn't win the other one did, except for a few exceptions. I would have loved to have seen TDK win more awards but I'm just glad that Heath Ledger won for Best Supporting Oscar.

well honestly, this just supports my view that TDK wasn't as great as the hype it had. Sure it was a good movie, but really, Heath was the star and made the movie what it was. The # of awards was appropriate I think.

Presentation-wise, this was probably the best Oscars in a long time. I actually enjoyed watching it, unlike the last...I dunno, 10 years.

Let's hope they retain the 'entertainment, not expense' approach for years to come.

damn right voodl!! he was robbed :twisted:

I'm SO happy WALL-E won for Best Animated Feature! Then again, I knew it would. ;)

Faneditlover said:
I'm SO happy WALL-E won for Best Animated Feature! Then again, I knew it would. ;)
Yeah, but was I the only person who thought the "Animation 2008" montage was a little... "off"?
I mean, they showed little Wall-E getting excited to watch terrible animated crapfests like Space Chimps, The Clone Wars, Fly Me to the Moon, and Madagascar 2... :mrgreen:

Other thoughts from the night:
- Hugh Jackman's "I haven't seen The Reader" line made me laugh
- Wall-E not winning for Sound and Score still pisses me off
- Mickey Rouke was also f***ing robbed (evidently, in order to win an Oscar for acting, you have to play a Nazi, a homosexual, or a retarded person... I guess Tropic Thunder was right after all)
- they didn't show George Carlin during the Memorial... what the hell?!
- the cutest moment of the "Romance 2008" montage? The Wall-E & EVE kiss. :cry:
- I still have no idea how The Reader was nominated for Best Picture over The Dark Knight

i thought Madagascar 2 was pretty good actually, certainly no where near Wall-e's sheer brilliance but for an animated movie i thought it was worth watching and certainly better that the first one.

totally with you on George Carlin though wtf did they do, forget?!?

And where was Heath Ledger in that? Just one rather nondescript award and on with the rest of the show! Bit of a cop-out really, he deserved better.

Ghostcut said:
And where was Heath Ledger in that? Just one rather nondescript award and on with the rest of the show! Bit of a cop-out really, he deserved better.
Didn't they include Heath Ledger in last year's memorial?

Ghostcut said:

Heath Ledger died prior to last year's Oscar's so he was probably in last year's memorial video, I can't remember if he was or not. As for George Carlin I think it's because he's mainly known as a stand-up comic who acts on the side and the memorial videos usually only feature, I apologize in advance for the following, "real" actors and people behind-the-scenes in the industry.

I still think he deserved more than what happened.

Back
Top Bottom