• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Spider-Man: "The Alien Costume" Recut:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Spider-Man: "The Alien Costume" Recut:

I grew up watching the Spider-Man TAS show as a kid. I owned the VHS tape to all 3 episodes and would watch them very often. To see an edit such as this was very interesting to watch and prove that it could have been a straight to video movie! This edit proves that it could have easily been that.

Video: The quality of the video is as best as to the quality that has been released, so no Blu-Ray quality here, although I fully knew what I was into. The nostalgia in me thought it was fine, but it may seem low quality to some due to the dvd quality of the video from a 90s tv show. There are rumors that Spider-Man TAS may come out on Blu-Ray one day, where this edit would definitely be the better for it. Seeing this in full on Blu-Ray remastered quality would be spectacular!

Audio: Once again, the audio is as best as the quality that has been released yet. My feelings for this are the same for video, where a remastered version could one day benefit this great forgotten show hence better this edit!

Editing: I honestly didn't notice any changes since I was enjoying watching this edit too much. There were only a couple places where I noticed since there were some cringy dumb moments here and there in the original where I found that they had disappeared in this edit. Combining the episodes was seamless. Well done!

Narrative: No great immense changes here, but keeping it relatively the same with cuts here and there is truly enjoyable. Well done!

Enjoyment: Overall, this was a great edit where Spider-Man fans who remember watching the cartoon should give this a shot as it portrays the symbiote storyline as it was meant to be!

https://ifdb.fanedit.org/spider-man-the-alien-costume-recut/discussions/10363/

Top Bottom