• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Video Quality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cavolon

Reaction score
Trophy Points
So I render a fan edit to mp4 but the video quality is significantly worse and i have no idea how to fix this, if anybody has any idea how to fix this please tell me.
I use Vegas Pro.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Much, much more info will be needed to help out on this one. If you could post some info about your source file, project settings, render settings etc?

Cavolon

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Okay so this happens to everything I want to render movies shows it doesn't matter. My projects settings are 1920x800 and 23.9 fps I haven't changed anything else and I render in the standard 1080p mp4.
The quality is not horrible but it ain't great either.

ChainsawAsh

Reaction score
Trophy Points
That's not what he means by project settings.

What are you putting into your editor? Lossless video in a codec like Lagarith or huffyuv in an AVI container? Professional-level "near lossless" codecs like ProRes? The unaltered Blu-Ray format of H.264 in an m2ts or MKV container? A ripped and reencoded Blu-Ray in H.264 format in an MKV or MP4 container?

What are your output settings? You say MP4, but that's a container that can mean many things. Is the codec H.264? H.265? MPEG-2? Are you using a set bitrate (like, say, 3000kbps)? Variable or constant bitrate? 1-pass or 2-pass encoding? Or are you using a constant quality encode, and if so, what's your CRF value? 18? 14? 22?

All of these things are important to figuring out why your quality isn't where you want it.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
A screenshot could also help us. If we can see your settings in a screenshot we might be better able to help.

ChainsawAsh

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Good call, especially if everything in my post sounds like Greek to you. ;)

Cavolon

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I wasn't on pc then but here are some screenshots:

H0fQGVLl.png

1qn5M2tl.png

2l1SWKil.png

theryaney

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Those pictures are in terrible quality, I can't read a single thing because of how blurry it is.

Cavolon

Reaction score
Trophy Points
theryaney said:
Those pictures are in terrible quality, I can't read a single thing because of how blurry it is.

How do i upload in better qualty?

theryaney

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
You seem to be missing a screenshot (the last in the original image post), that isn't uploaded, instead it's just blank.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Out of curiosity, what's the size of the video file you're using as your source?

Cavolon

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Q2 said:
Out of curiosity, what's the size of the video file you're using as your source?

About 18gb not 100% have to check again when I'm home

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Cavolon said:
Q2 said:

Please do. 18GB seems awfully big for an x264 file.

Cavolon

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Q2 said:
Cavolon said:
Q2 said:

Please do. 18GB seems awfully big for an x264 file.

Il check again when I'm home in a few hours

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm seeing "25 fps" which isn't right. What program did you use to rip the blu-ray?

Cavolon

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
I'm seeing "25 fps" which isn't right. What program did you use to rip the blu-ray?

I fixed the 25 fps setting already
And my friend rips blu Rays for me so I'll have to ask him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom