• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Week of April 28, 2019 – New Fanedits

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
There are two new fanedits released this week:

titanicandreas-front-23-1556477309.jpg

The Titanic (Restructured) by Andreas

One of my absolute favorite movies. This is not a movie that need anything done. It doesn't need a remake. It doesn't need to be remade. It doesn't have many problems. It is an historical film with the liberty of adding a working romance into it to intruige its audience and connect them to the disaster that changed the world back in 1912, and still haunt us to this day.

So why do I do this edit? I do it because I want to make a kind of V2 version of the movie for those that feel like watching a more "disaster movie/suspense movie" side to the story, rather than the more romance-driven side of it. Focus more on humanity and passengers during the second half.

contactapv-front-78-1556476584.jpg

We explore one possible road to mankind's first encounter with extraterrestial life. Curiosity and the scientific method clash with fear, religion, and greed. Along the way everyone's beliefs are tested. The film is a tribute to Carl Sagan who spent his life popularizing scientific inquiry, who tirelessly championed the search for extraterrestial life, and who stimulated the awe and sense of wonder in all of us. The edit is about Dr. Arroway's personal journey more than mankind's journey. Her perseverance against the odds and despite resistance. Palmer Joss, the alien, and Mr. Kitz are less frustrating, and the last quarter of the film is greatly improved. As epilogue Dr. Sagan himself talks about Contact, science, and religion (audio excerpt from 1985 Studs Terkel interview).

This is the discussion thread for Week of April 28, 2019 – New Fanedits. Post away!

Top Bottom