• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Jaws The Sharksploitation Edit:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Jaws The Sharksploitation Edit:

Audio/Visual Quality: Always an odd one to rate for a grind house edit - picture was actually pretty good, considering the concept. I know that the picture and audio deteriorates during deleted scenes, but I believe this worked in favour of the edit and enhanced the experience. In fact, the only reason I give this a 9 instead of a 10 is due to the fact that at times I felt that the video quality was almost TOO good. IMO it wouldn't have been a bad idea to degrade the footage even more to match the quality of the deleted scenes.

Visual editing: Excellent. Jarring visual cuts are there on purpose and benefit the experience. Titles, SFX etc. are all wonderfully done.

Audio editing: Once again - the jarring edits work. The little jumps/repeats on certain lines are a nice touch as well as the odd added piece of dialogue.

Narrative: Well, it works, and I'm not complaining. There are redundant scenes, but then again - maybe that's part of the point? Pacing could have been better, and I wouldn't have minded some more extreme changes to some scenes, but all in all this is a beautifully degraded alternate version of the film.

Enjoyment: I enjoyed this. I'm not a big fan of the original, but I do like it, and this was a fun alternate experience. I loved what was done with Quints tale, and the ending - I was expecting a grand explosion (which wouldn't have gone amiss), but what followed instead was nothing short of brilliant. DVD was nicely put together as well. Lovely stuff.

https://ifdb.fanedit.org/jaws-the-sharksploitation-edit/discussions/10336/

Top Bottom