• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Babylon 5: Thirdspace - Episodic:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Babylon 5: Thirdspace - Episodic:

This is a great Babylon 5 double episode! The break from Part 1 to Part 2 is so perfect that it looks like JMS intended this as a double episode but repurposed it when he needed several movies in a hurry for TNT before they started broadcasting Season 5. Another clear improvement is that the opening and closing narration are gone. They're another example that feels like JMS padded out a double-episode story to reach the requested runtime for a movie.

I had to rewatch the original to find when Vir talks to Ivanova in the elevator. I didn't miss it in the edit. It was a superfluous scene anyway: Ivanova didn't need Vir's talk to figure out that the artifact is causing trouble on the station.

I did miss Bill's breakfast where the possessed crowd tells him to work faster. But that's because I'm a fan of Clyde Kusatsu! Cutting this scene does change one detail: when Trent kills him, it now looks more her motivation and less obviously the artifact's motivation. That's not better or worse, just less obvious it's the artifact pushing her to do this.

The only transitions that caught my ear were Part 1's transitions into the Opening and Closing Credits. But these transitions aren't perfect in all the original episodes either. So this imperfection is unfortunate but consistent with the series.

I did not notice the other trims. Seamless work! Go. Watch this. You'll find yourself wanting to watch more B5 afterwards.

One qualifier: My '8' for the AV Quality is the fault of the source material, not the edit.

https://ifdb.fanedit.org/babylon-5-thirdspace-episodic/discussions/10318/

Back
Top Bottom