If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

The Font Help Spot
OK, working on some designs, and I was wondering if anybody knew of a font that looked like the lettering used for clerks:

[Image: listen-clerks-logo-sm.gif]

thanks
---------------------: My Fanedits :---------------------
Because You Were Home (the Strangers)

--------------------: Consecutions :--------------------
If you go to the download section of http://www.newsaskew.com they have the font available there.

C
i only saw the courier font type and a few other related things, but not this one, but i will check again, thanks

checked again, the only font i see that can be used is one that has a dingbats style logos for some letters. you can create the above clerks logo using one letter, but can not make a similar style logo for some other word. Thanks anyway brias. If anybody knows any font resembles any cutout lettering like in this clerks logo, let me know

It's called adelaide is in in the misc files under files askew. I just downloaded it myself.

C
Thanks for the help brias, but still thats not it. see the image of the font below. I am looking for a font that makes letters like above in my first post. I can manually try to create the letters, but I thought a font would be easiest.

[Image: adelaide.jpg]

I have a font that I got from somewhere (can't remember where), but it was called "RansomNote" and it looked like the letters were clipped from magazines (a la the Clerks logo)
Life can be fanedited. You just have to have the right tools at your disposal.
forgot about this. I ended up making the letters by hand for the particular occasion i needed the font, but I'll check this one out, thanks sladetwc!! Smile

OK, I guess I am going to turn this into a general font help thread. I am looking for this font (or a free version, I guess I should say): Caxton

[Image: 12971.gif]

can anyone help?

Gentium is quite similar, but the Q appears to be unique only to Caxton. Gentium is free too.
Editing something.