• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Content Aware Fill in After Effects

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
This is potentially HUGE news. 

https://9to5mac.com/2019/04/03/adobe-after-effects-content-aware-fill-video/

We joke sometimes about using the "remove onscreen credits" button but it seriously looks like we are getting something akin to that. Also painting characters or objects out of frame, and cleaning up damaged footage, and who knows what else, is all about to get a whole lot easier. Really, this is going to be big.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Quick hide this before Lucas sees it!

Kal-El

Reaction score
Trophy Points
That had been announced somewhere early last year, I think. I remember seeing a demo where they tried to hid a lamp post in a steadicam shot, moving left to right. Glad to see it's come up again.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Kal-El said:
That had been announced somewhere early last year, I think. I remember seeing a demo where they tried to hid a lamp post in a steadicam shot, moving left to right. Glad to see it's come up again.

It's released, available to use right now.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I watched a few videos on it and while it's intriguing (I use that word a lot) I don't think it is profound enough to warrant a purchase/rent. It's also a huge space hog. A video of 11 seconds resulted in 250 rerendered png frames at a size of 4.12gb. It's more of an automated photoshop tool in the guise of a video editor.

jswert123456

Reaction score
Trophy Points
its also tricky and glitchy being brand new
it sometimes crashes,  hopefully down the road
it will be tweaked and fixed.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
This is what I've been able to do with about five minutes of work. Password for both is fanedit.org

(I posted these videos in my project thread but not everyone like at every thread. They are relevant to this discussion too Imo)

Before:

After:

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Do you have TFA? Would be interested in seeing how AE does with the time code in the bonus scenes.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
DigModiFicaTion said:
Do you have TFA? Would be interested in seeing how AE does with the time code in the bonus scenes.

I don't but I probably have something with time codes. I'll be experimenting a lot with this tool.

Kal-El

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm interested in seeing how this handles BIG titles, and not just small placements like that. I'm thinking Family Guy, Rogue One, Guardians of the Galaxy, stuff like that?

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
My father once joked about a future new special edition of Return of the Jedi in which the Ewoks are digitally erased, with Luke badly dubbed in at the end saying "Thank you, spirits of the forest!"

This could be a reality. I need this.

jswert123456

Reaction score
Trophy Points
half way thru my render in after effects, i get a not enough disk space error.
is there something in settings where i can change where the out put is directed?

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
jswert123456 said:
half way thru my render in after effects, i get a not enough disk space error.
is there something in settings where i can change where the out put is directed?

I'll take a look and see, I think so. First try to clear your disk cache, After Effects has a menu setting to do this, it will clear space uses for unopen projects cache.

Top Bottom