• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Star Wars: Episode VIII - The Last Jedi: Rekindled:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Star Wars: Episode VIII - The Last Jedi: Rekindled:

This is a fantastic edit. Really. All of the major changes work amazingly well, and some of them even manage to fix a scene I would have just yanked out of the movie completely or otherwise altered more drastically than you’ve proven necessary. Luke’s saber toss now has emotional weight to it since it isn’t played for laughs through the music, and it feels like it was always meant to be scored that way; the “milking” scene now works as Johnson intended it to without being undercut by the bizarre shots of Luke actually drinking the milk; the over-the-top CGI nonsense of Finn vs. Phasma and BB-8 in the walker are seamlessly extracted and not missed in the slightest; and your version of Finn’s suicide run is simply perfect.

And, of course, Leia’s spacewalk - thank you so much for getting rid of the one scene that consistently takes me out of the film in such a seamless way!

Anything else that’s been taken out, I didn’t miss. There are bits here and there that I still wouldn’t have left in the way you have, but they aren’t nearly as much of an issue when those are now the worst moments, rather than being surrounded by even worse stuff.

Technically, the edit is flawless. I noticed no harsh audio transitions, the video quality is top-notch, and all of the VFX work (both that which is new to this edit like BB-8 during the Star Destroyer escape and everything surrounding Rose’s crash and Finn’s suicide run, and holdovers from Hal’s edit like the caretaker removal) is seamless and professional. On that level, you’d never know this was fan edited at all, and that’s a massively important thing to me when it comes to fan edits.

Excellent job! This is now the only non-Hal Star Wars edit that’s replaced the “official” version for me.

https://ifdb.fanedit.org/star-wars-episode-viii-the-last-jedi-rekindled/discussions/10306/

Top Bottom