• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Star Wars: Episode VIII - The Last Jedi: Rekindled:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Star Wars: Episode VIII - The Last Jedi: Rekindled:

First thing, I mostly dislike every aspect of the original film except the ship battle in the beginning and the final climax between Luke and Kylo. Said that it's really hard for me to give high ratings to this movie whatever how good the edit can be. Overall, it's a pretty solid edit.

If you enjoyed the theatrical version (still having some remarks), this is the best edit you could imagine. It vastly improves the original and the excised length (12 min) is wisely chosen. Some audio changes like Luke's throwing the lightsaber or BB8 antics are seamless executed. The 3 deleted scenes added clearly supports the narrative.

However, for my taste, a more ambitious cut list (Canto Bight, Poe's mutiny, Fin and Rose infiltration in Snoke's ship) should have been required to rise up my enjoyment. In that regard, I strongly recommend "The Fallen Knight" edit by Zuckerberg.

In conclusion, here the faneditor shows fine editing skills and makes SW:TLJ far more enjoyable than the theatrical cut. This edit is a must for SW fans!

https://ifdb.fanedit.org/star-wars-episode-viii-the-last-jedi-rekindled/discussions/10305/

Top Bottom