• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Star Wars: Episode I - The Ancient Lore:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Star Wars: Episode I - The Ancient Lore:

When it comes to watching Episode I I've personally avoided watching it for so long I barely remember the film and as such also avoided the many fanedits over the years for fears of bring back those bad memories. As its been so long I finally gave in and watched Andreas edit and I'm glad I did.

What drew me to this edit was the reimagining of the narrative and using other source material to expand on much needed character development while omitting offensive scenes throughout some examples *SPOILERS* like expanding on the trade federations backstory to strengthen their motives, allowing the villains more screen time to give a sense of peril and also better introducing Dookus character to the storyline and reintroducing Jar-Jars as a member of the Jedis original crew sent from corusent. Is this film perfect? no. can the few issues be fixed? yes, quite easily.

The main issues are really only technical ones like Mauls sabre changing orange in some scenes, although you get the narrotive point better with Dookus hologram throughout it still looks out of place in some scenes eg Jedi council scene @ 00:56:23 and some clunky subtitles one example of this is during the original films opening scenes on the trade federations ship which is now shown later in the film when Qui-Gons using his sabre to melt the bridges blast doors these are the new lines:

Nute Gunray: "close the blast doors... Were you born stupid?"
Rune: "this guy just wont give up!"
Nute Gunray: "shut up, your encouraging him" – encouraging? Should read something more like "shut up, stop admiring them!

Also something out of place is the heavy metal rift first heard at Tattooine when entering Mos Espa and the Maul scenes which brings you out of the Starwars film. Lastly Qui-Gons close up death scene @ 01:27:56 repeats itself but not sure if its intentional though.

Overall a very good edit from Andreas and a definite improvement over the theatrical, looking forward to the improvements version 2 of the Ancient Lore will bring.

https://ifdb.fanedit.org/star-wars-episode-i-the-ancient-lore/discussions/10268/

Top Bottom