• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Inglourious Basterds

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
definitely will be watching it when it comes out but i certainly wont be holding my breath from the trailer it looks like QT couldnt decide between black comedy with a little seriousness thrown in or serious with a little black comedy thrown in.

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
the trailer has me more interested than any of QT's work since Jackie Brown.
I thought Kill Bill was ok and I didnt really care for Death Proof (but in all fainess I only saw it once in the theatre AFTER Planet Terror which I really enjoyed)

Brad Pitt looks awesome in this and BJ Novack is rather funny, combine that with a WWII War setting and Tarantino's over the top violence and this looks like its right up my alley.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
elbarto1 said:
I thought Kill Bill was ok and I didnt really care for Death Proof (but in all fainess I only saw it once in the theatre AFTER Planet Terror which I really enjoyed)

Though I absolutely LOVED Kill Bill, I totally agree about Death Proof. It felt like a weak girl-power movie to me. And yes, I think that following Planet Terror didn't help the cause at all. PT was a much cooler movie IMO.

I look forward to seeing this, but I am not going to keep any high expectations. Lets hope its really cool.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm not big on war movies, unless they're about the Vietnam war for some reason, but after seeing the trailer for this I cannot wait to see it. I mean I was going to go see it anyways because it's a Tarantino movie but after seeing that trailer I am really hyped about it.

Oh and if you want to see the trailer in even better quality than the youtube one check out http://www.hd-trailers.net/movie/inglourious_basterds/

Ghostcut

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ThrowgnCpr said:
Though I absolutely LOVED Kill Bill, I totally agree about Death Proof. It felt like a weak girl-power movie to me. And yes, I think that following Planet Terror didn't help the cause at all. PT was a much cooler movie IMO.

Wow, those are my exact sentiments on Grindhouse. Death Proof was boring.

white43

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ghostcut said:
ThrowgnCpr said:

Wow, those are my exact sentiments on Grindhouse. Death Proof was boring.

I so disliked Death Proof - bored my arse off.

Planet Terror on the other hand was hilarious. Sayed(LOST) getting his head shot off was classic. I got full robot chubby for Rose McGowan.

I'm curious about the new film - Pitt is usually a winner - but never underestimate the ability of Tarantino to think he's better than he is.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ThrowgnCpr said:
Though I absolutely LOVED Kill Bill, I totally agree about Death Proof. It felt like a weak girl-power movie to me.

That's exactly what it was supposed to be. Death Proof was Tarantino's "women's revenge" movie. His "I Spit On Your Grave" if you will without all the rape scenes and with only one antagonist.

Ghostcut

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Frantic Canadian said:
ThrowgnCpr said:
Though I absolutely LOVED Kill Bill, I totally agree about Death Proof. It felt like a weak girl-power movie to me.

That's exactly what it was supposed to be. Death Proof was Tarantino's "women's revenge" movie. His "I Spit On Your Grave" if you will without all the rape scenes and with only one antagonist.

Didn't stop it from being boring, though. :/

voodl

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well, I think this movie will prove my previous opinion that QT is really shallow.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ghostcut said:
Frantic Canadian said:
ThrowgnCpr said:

Didn't stop it from being boring, though. :/

ha! you beat me to it Ghostcut. couldn't have said it better myself

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
they are both great movies but you shouldnt watch one straight after the other unless you watch death proof first.

DP compared to PT is utterly boring. but taken on its own merits is a great way to spend 90 mins.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
nOmArch said:
they are both great movies but you shouldnt watch one straight after the other unless you watch death proof first.

DP compared to PT is utterly boring. but taken on its own merits is a great way to spend 90 mins.

Exactly. I was kind of disappointed with Death Proof when I first saw it because I saw it as whole with Planet Terror and all the fake trailers included on the big screen but I still thought it was enjoyable. After watching it on DVD on its own I enjoyed it even more. I have to say that Kurt Russell cracks me up every time I watch it when it gets to the point where he's the pursuee instead of the pursuer.

Aztek463

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Definitely, Death Proof, when compared to Planet Terror, is a snoozefest. It's so much better on its own.

MonkandHam

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Even though it appears to be related to the original only by also being set during WWII....I have heard that they gave a cameo to Bo Svenson.

joebshmoe

Reaction score
Trophy Points
hmmm...

you know i couldn't even sit through planet terror. i thought it was horrible.

on the other hand, i REALLY liked death proof.

it's funny how people can be react so differently to movies, even when they share similar interests! :)

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
seconded. Always fascinating. And always a lesson to learn and refresh.

Top Bottom