• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

GI Joe [2009]

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I really dont know what to make of this one yet.
It doesnt look bad or good really. I loved the toys and cartoon series as a kid so, like transformers I want this to deliver but I am very skeptical. Steven Sommers is a capable director and the trailer looks nice but I need more.

[youtube:8c3x78j5]

I feel about the same way. I think it will either end up horrible, or at best as an easily fanedited movie.

I'm looking forward to this and hope the action is better than Transformers.

I am not acknowledging this hunk of shit at all. Thank you, but I will pass. The director is horrible and has not done anything worthy of viewing in the slightest.

The major fight over a girl (which is what leads to Cobra--in this movie's new origins) is just as stupid as the trailer looks.

I loved G.I. Joe, but I will pass on this crap

you might as well as gotten the director from house of the dead

The Eiffel Tower? Ninjas flying trough a bus? Look, I don't mind them making a movie written for 12 year olds. Sadly, this looks like it was WRITTEN BY 12 year olds.

Problem: Toys still not selled to every spoiled kid on the planet.
Solution: Stick toy name as title on a horrable movie.
Result: Count huge cashflow.
Repeat.

solution:
do what the later versions of the comic have done: aim it more for the late 20-30 something year old adults who are reading it.

Make a script and make the film very adult oriented. Play it serious and you really could have had something here, also give it to a competent director. Instead they choose a two bit hack of a director who had made some shit films and they are marketing this towards the 13 year old mentality- This all leads to a failure of a film and then yet another much better remake a few years down the road because of how bad the first one ended up being. If they just followed the rule of "doing it right the first time"...

They are not trying to make a good movie, they are trying to make a 2 hour long toy commercial people would pay to watch. Watching the trailer, I'm sure they did more than ok in that direction. ;)

I agree, I think it will probably reach it's intended audience. Of which I am not remotely a part. :)

Back
Top Bottom