• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

TDK: Rise and Fall of Harvey Two-Face

If you have watched this fanedit, please rate it here:

• 10 stars (awesome)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9 stars

• 8 stars

• 7 stars

• 6 stars (average)

• 5 stars

• 4 stars

• 3 stars

• 2 stars

• 1 star (atrocious)

• Total voters
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.

Harman

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Batman is more cynical and Harvey more of an idealist. This version of TDL has an improved pacing and comes in a more "detective" style, making The Joker more mysterious.

original film name: The Dark Knight

new film name : The Dark Knight: Rise and Fall of Harvey Two-Face

film studio name : Warner

edit crew name : HDP

Date Original Film Was Released : 2008-07-14

Date Edit Was Released : 2009-07-03

Original Runtime : 152 minutes

New Runtime : 129 minutes

Amount of time Cut/Added : 23 minutes

Cuts removed/added/extended : spoiler ahead

Bank Robbery - trimmed not to show joker
Garage scene - cutout scene from inside of batmobile; cheesy at end of scene is trimmed
Gordon/Batman chat in bank - Ramirez cut out. This was made also not to show him and for better sound changing of BM's voice.
Court - ending cut, it was too much cliche
Restaurant - heavy trimmed to see Harvey as idealist
Lau briefing about money - shortened to remove joker
Gambol's death and Love boat removed
Of course small trims here and there
Two little cuts of police shot during Batman kidnaps Lao
Cut out Joker's first message on TV.
Trimmed Harvey's party at Bruce.
Shorten bullet test.
Cut out Gordon's death with all subplot following.
It's Batman's own idea to turn in.
Highway chase - no shots inside the car except two for plot. Few rearrangement of explosions and Batmobile crash. Cut out kids in tunnel. Shortened helicopter fall (too much CG look)
Batman doesn't say he's coming to rescue Rachel.
Gordon din't try to get Lao and Joker back.
Cut out many of sonar and SWAT shots.
Shorten Ramirez-Gordon's wife phone call.
Few little trims at final scene.
Colour correction - Whole movie is a little desaturated and brighten up. Almost in every scene is little colour over and underburn.
Colour correction - Logos are brown in reference to Batman Begins titles
Highway chase - beginning was two seconds out of sync
Gordon's death - one (i think) last reference deleted
Replaced new titles for editor and new movie name.

Intention for this fanedit: Removing few subplots makes this movie going really faster. I was trying make Batman more cynic and logical character, Harvey more as idealist. To make it more like "detective style" I removed all visible joker until Harvey's party to make him more mysterious and unknown psycho. To get more natural feel...all movie was dark, much saturated and yellow/orange feel. Colour correction was applied to make it look more natural.

Hardware and software information: VirtualDub, Avisynth, Sony Vegas Pro 9.0

Additional Comment: Just hope you like it

Time needed for the edition: apx. 2 weeks for edit and colour correction, apx 4 months to get VC-1 (HD 1920×1080) source working

persons involved: Harman

Release info:
1,4GB XviD 1060kbps, 656x272, AC3 5.1 448kbps with DRC
Coming Soon
HD, DVD

Harman

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Of course a lots of changes and details will follow.

mystory64

Reaction score
Trophy Points
First off, its not your PC its the hard drive your rendering/working on, with video I always keep my projects on a sooper fast firewire or usb 2.0 dirve with only the active project on it, speed disking once a week. Also you want as much RAM as you can fit in your system, this will speed up your video editing softwares preview ability, rendering to RAM for quick spots.

As for your edit, good luck! I actually don't want any edits to TDK, but that's just my opinion, I think there are plenty of other films that could use work *ahem Indy 4* on than this one, but if yur passionate about it I look forward to seeing your progress. Best of luck!

Ziz

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Tech stuff:

1) Keep it at 2:35.
2) Desat could work here and there but the film is already pretty dark colorwise. I wouldn't turn much down.
3) Video card is part of the equation too. What do you have in that area?
4) Make one version that's all out best quality your machine can produce without having a heart attack, then make a second version scaled down from that to fit on a standard SL DVD for the people that don't have BR yet.

Harman

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I defrag HDD everyday and have 2x500GB SATA Western Digital in raid1 (mirror).

I should also mention I have it in Premiere through AVS script

Harman

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ziz said:
Tech stuff:

1) Keep it at 2:35.
2) Desat could work here and there but the film is already pretty dark colorwise. I wouldn't turn much down.
3) Video card is part of the equation too. What do you have in that area?
4) Make one version that's all out best quality your machine can produce without having a heart attack, then make a second version scaled down from that to fit on a standard SL DVD for the people that don't have BR yet.

1) I think too it is the best way
2) We'll see
3) AMD Radeon 2600XT with 256MB DDR3 Ram.
4) First render will be lossless of course (i think about 60GB) and then are the possibilities of reencoding to some standards(that's why I ask). It's only about computing time. XviD and SL DVD is sure thing. What I'm not sure are HD versions

spence

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
isn't batman failing to save rachel like the major plot moment for that character? I don't see how the film could make any sense without it.

not that i'm not interested to see how you make that work!

Amok

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The one thing that REALLY needs to go are the cheesy lines that break up the action scenes like
-"Is that a bazooka?" (why no, that's an oversize telescope...)
-"this is not god" (ya think?)
-"not good" (no need to repeat what sucked the first time)
-Kids in Tunnel

Cutting Gordon's death would be good if it can be pulled off. just one of too many plot twists.

Now the real major task would be to remove the whole boat scene. But I don't think that could work, not with the final dialogue revolving all around it. Unless a bomb threat to the city could be worked into the TV transfer of the Joker's threat. Still it would kind of diminish the Joker's whole "choice" theme, which is why it's also probably better to keep the Rachel/Harvey decision. This decision is also the reason why Two-Face later has it in for Batman.

Harman

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hi, finally premiere and avs work properly with VC-1 stream so I can do this...at last=)

I was thinking about releasing versions...xivd, DVD of course but what format in HD?
simple MKV, BD5 for 720p, BD9 for 1080p or BD9 for 720p and comlete SL Blu-ray disc for 1080p?

Harman

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hi, finally premiere and avs work properly with VC-1 stream so I can do this...at last=)

Here's the first preview uploaded in HD.
It's second scene with only few little tweaks. Few speeches, "loiter" texts in car etc. etc.

PS: I would like only to little delete few subplots and mainly removing cheesy aaa humor.

Please, send comments, ratings and ideas.

Thanks a lot

joebshmoe

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Harman said:
I was thinking about releasing versions...xivd, DVD of course but what format in HD?
simple MKV, BD5 for 720p, BD9 for 1080p or BD9 for 720p and comlete SL Blu-ray disc for 1080p?

for a "release" format, AVCHD seems to be gaining ground. x264 and AC3 in an m2ts container (and then in AVCHD format on disc).

Harman

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
After long time. I was trying to fix sounding of Batman voice. I can't remove rasping style of course but I tried a few SFX test and I would like to know what's better or where to go with it. Thanks a lot for every opinion

original - rapidshare.com/files/231497272/audio.C__partial_.wav.html
eq and reverbed - rapidshare.com/files/231497492/reverb_eq.wav.html
reverb only - rapidshare.com/files/231497803/reverb.wav.html
eq only - rapidshare.com/files/231498024/eq.wav.html
other eq setting - rapidshare.com/files/231499800/reverb_eq2.wav.html
multiband added to compress lo-mid - rapidshare.com/files/231502680/reverb_eq_multiband.wav.html

blueyoda

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Six files? Couldn't you make just one with all the excerpts on it?

If you want opinions, at least try to make it easy for people :)

Harman

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
OK, it's been a while I posted last time.

So here is update about edit.

Conceptual changes:

Movie is mainly from "good" side so there are no scenes with Joker until Harvey's party at Bruce.
Remove cheesy lines.
Make Harvey more as idealist. Make Joker more weird unknown guy...unknown danger.
Hopefully shorten Reese subplot.

Actually there are completed this cuts:
Bank Robbery - trimmed not to show joker
Garage scene - cutout scene from inside of batmobile; cheesy at end of scene is trimmed
Gordon/Batman chat in bank - Ramirez cut out. This was made also not to show him and for better sound changing of BM's voice.
Court - ending cut, it was too much cliche
Restaurant - heavy trimmed to see Harvey as idealist
Lau briefing about money - shortened to remove joker
Gambol's death and Love boat removed
Of course small trims here and there

This is current status of edit.
In runtime i got at 31minutes of original movie.

will be presented in XviD, DVD, BD9 and BD25 1080p with LPCM/lossless audio

Harman

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Screener version available. Send PM or post here for links

XviD 640x272 two-pass bitrate over 1Mbps, AC3 5.1 448kbps

This is full movie screener with all changes. Please comment and report technical or plot holes

Thanks a lot

spelledaren

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Please do not post direct download links here.

It stopped being allowed if I'm not crazy.

Hint: PM

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well, not exactly download links are fine as long as they are in the... but blithely posting links will get your wrists slapped.

Uncanny Antman

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
That new title is a little funky. It should be "The Rise and Fall..." rather than 'raise'.

Harman

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
List of Changes

Two little cuts of police shot during Batman kidnaps Lao
Cut out Joker's first message on TV.
Trimmed Harvey's party at Bruce.
Shorten bullet test.
Cut out Gordon's death with all subplot following.
It's Batman's own idea to turn in.
Highway chase - no shots inside the car except two for plot. Few rearrangement of explosions and Batmobile crash. Cut out kids in tunnel. Shortened helicopter fall (too much CG look)
Batman doesn't say he's coming to rescue Rachel.
Gordon din't try to get Lao and Joker back.
Citizens vs. criminals subplot reduced. Almost no shots inside boats except introduction into game.
Cut out many of sonar and SWAT shots.
Shorten Ramirez-Gordon's wife phone call.
Few little trims at final scene.

Conceptual
Removing few subplots makes this movie going really faster. I was trying make Batman more cynic and logical character, Harvey more as idealist. To make it more like "detective style" I removed all visible joker until Harvey's party to make him more mysterious and unknown psycho. To get more natural feel...all movie was dark, much saturated and yellow/orange feel. Colour correction was applied to make it look more natural.

Top Bottom