• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Derelict:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Derelict:

This is a very interesting and visually stunning mash-up that does a great job at making Prometheus much more of a direct Alien prequel as opposed to a spin-off film that ties into the franchise while setting up things that occur in the earlier Alien. The two films transition into each other flawlessly and I love the use of black and white to really emphasize the shadows and further build up tension and suspense. Both films' narratives intertwine with one another very smoothly thanks to clever editing. I really loved this.

On a quick side-note, I also want to talk about another fanedit from this editor that isn't on the IFDB, a Star Wars prequel fan-edit titled The Chosen One, which I also really liked, as it removes much of the cringier elements from all three prequel films and tells a much more streamlined version of the overall story that works incredibly well, making its best aspects shine all the more brighter.

https://ifdb.fanedit.org/derelict/discussions/10235/

Back
Top Bottom