If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

Movies That Never Should Have Had A Sequel
Was not a fan of Toy Story 4 at all.
"Everything ends and it's always sad.  But everything begins again too and that's always happy.  Be happy." ~ The Doctor
[+] 1 user Likes Handman's post
Surprised to see no one has mentioned Donnie Darko in this thread yet.

I'm a sucker for a movie marathon so I rather enjoy sequels even the bad ones. With that said there are few that I enjoy as much as the originals and even fewer that I prefer over them. For me Aliens is an example of a perfect sequel. Not only does it satisfyingly continue the narrative but it successfully manages to do so while doing something genuinely different. The film switched the franchise from outright horror to action. I remember James Cameron went as far as describing it as a war movie. It felt fresh and familiar at the same time. Sadly  most sequels try to do more of the same and inevitable fail to recapture the magic.
There's a Donnie Darko sequel?!
(05-21-2020, 11:21 AM)asterixsmeagol Wrote: There's a Donnie Darko sequel?!

Not really. It's a direct to DVD movie called S Darko about the now-teenaged former-little-kid sister Samantha on some road trip, no returning actors and she's the only returning character.
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
// IdeasIdea Central //
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
As far as Jake Gyllenhaal movies, I can do without Spider-Man Far From Home.
Mega Man is best game.
(05-21-2020, 11:31 AM)jrWHAG42 Wrote: I can do without Spider-Man Far From Home.

Spider-Man Far From > Spider-Man Homecoming.
Completed Fanedits
Spider-Man 3 Back And Black

ITW
World War Z: Take Two
Crank: The SOS Cut
[+] 1 user Likes SonofSinbad's post