• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Movies That Never Should Have Had A Sequel

suspiciouscoffee

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sicario

Although, to be fair, I’ve not seen the sequel, and I’m not even opposed to watching it, I just think it’s weird and dumb to make a sequel to that movie.

It'sOnRandom

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The Lego Movie 2 is terrible  Sorry @"DigModiFicaTion"

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
SonofSinbad said:
First Blood

Thanks @Moe_Syzlak

I believe they even filmed an ending for First Blood that had John Rambo killed. I think that would’ve been a way more appropriate ending for that movie. I wonder if a fan edit would be possible to restore that version. I have no idea if those deleted scenes ever surfaced. Heck, I’m not even positive they actually filmed it.

Plissken1138

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ another strong parallel comes to mind of a movie that spawned sequels that inevitably deteriorated into self-parody. Lethal Weapon.

Sinbad

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Moe_Syzlak said:
SonofSinbad said:
First Blood

Thanks @Moe_Syzlak

I believe they even filmed an ending for First Blood that had John Rambo killed. I think that would’ve been a way more appropriate ending for that movie. I wonder if a fan edit would be possible to restore that version. I have no idea if those deleted scenes ever surfaced. Heck, I’m not even positive they actually filmed it.

mrbenja0618

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Dr. Chim Richalds said:
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.  It says "LAST", damnit!

Also, I never saw it, but The Neverending Story II.

mr-simpson-this-is-the-most-blatant-case-of-fraudulent-13930759.png

I never considered Indiana Jones movies after Raiders sequels technically. With exception to Kingdom, they were all pretty self-contained.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
mrbenja0618 said:
Dr. Chim Richalds said:
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.  It says "LAST", damnit!

Also, I never saw it, but The Neverending Story II.

mr-simpson-this-is-the-most-blatant-case-of-fraudulent-13930759.png

I never considered Indiana Jones movies after Raiders sequels technically. With exception to Kingdom, they were all pretty self-contained.

Sidequels?

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
SonofSinbad said:
The Lego Movie 2 is terrible  Sorry @"DigModiFicaTion"

I know this is an old post but I just saw it and this is all I have to say to you.

giphy.gif

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I was talking about this with my father the other day. I can't remember if any of these have already been said.
Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2: The first movie is such a unique movie. It's subtle and creepy and atmospheric. The second movie went the complete opposite direction, with tons of gore, no subtly, and extra comedy. There isn't much the series can do after that without rehashing the first two. I haven't seen the third movie, but I'm told that it's just a typical slasher.

Halloween : As good as 2018 and H20 are, Halloween 1 is a self contained story, and it doesn't need added depth. And from my experience, watching sequels and then rewatching the original kinda changes your perception, and it's hard to watch it with with a fresh mindset. To some it may be ruined. Not to me, but to some I'm sure.

There was more that I can't remember

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
SonofSinbad said:
Here's another one....

Star Wars

I'd have to disagree. I love the Empire Strikes Back.

I'd instead say that Return of the Jedi should have never had a sequel.

Independence Day. Resurgence is just ........well if you've seen it you know.

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Has anyone said Jurassic Park?

I kinda like Lost World but everything else after... Ehhhhh

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Masirimso17 said:
Has anyone said Jurassic Park?

I kinda like Lost World but everything else after... Ehhhhh

Maybe an edit of all the sequels smashed together into one movie would be better or worse.

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
For me, the sequels and even the last act of the original JP fail to understand what made JP great (well for me at least). It wasn’t about a monster movie; it was the wonder and the scientific and ethical issues explored. In short, I liked the more sci fi aspects of it and less the monster movie aspects. The sequels are all focused on the monster movie aspects to near exclusion of everything else.

Top Bottom