• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Movies That Never Should Have Had A Sequel

It'sOnRandom

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
21 Jump Street is one of the funniest movies ever but 22 Jump Street is diabolical.

Handman

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Every Disney movie.
tumblr_pb5nrv95oP1uz05zuo7_500.jpg

tumblr_pb5nrv95oP1uz05zuo8_500.jpg

tumblr_pb5nrv95oP1uz05zuo5_500.jpg

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^Thank you for not including the Aladdin sequels in that image. They r gr8.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Winnie the Pooh sequels for the most part were decent extensions. The Aladdin sequels felt like continuations of the TV show and were tolerable for me as well.

I'd say How to Train Your Dragon would have been fine as a single movie. Two was boring and it looks like three is pretty much the same story.

The Secret of Nihm 2 didn't need to be made. I'd love to see a good high quality prequel or stop motion version of the original though.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Lion King 1 1/2 is the only enjoyment I get out of the Lion King franchise.

Handman

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Today I learned there are those who enjoy the sequels to Disney movies.

It'sOnRandom

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
What about Toy Story, the sequels to that are awesome. You know a disney movie is good when my dad cries to it.

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Aladdin and the King of Thieves I think is really good. Return of Jafar not so much but I still enjoy it.

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
SonofSinbad said:
21 Jump Street is one of the funniest movies ever but 22 Jump Street is diabolical.

I like 22 Jump Street

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Today I learned that there was a sequel to 21 Jump Street, a movie I was only vaguely aware of because it's not a movie, it was a TV show that launched Johnny Depp.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TVs Mountbatten-Windsor said:
Today I learned that there was a sequel to 21 Jump Street, a movie I was only vaguely aware of because it's not a movie, it was a TV show that launched Johnny Depp.

The movie's a sequel to the show, and directed by Lorde and Miller, the The Lego Movie guys. You would probably like most of it.

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
addiesin said:

The movie's a sequel to the show, and directed by Lorde and Miller, the The Lego Movie guys. You would probably like most of it.

Most of it?

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzgEg67YZ1I[/video]

:p

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
SonofSinbad said:
Masirimso17 said:
I like 22 Jump Street

Mods please add a dislike button  :)

I will add it long enough to dislike your post, then remove it.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
addiesin said:

Most of it?

I can't remember if there are any fart jokes in the movie, but I do remember there are some specific things like that in comedy you hate, so to be honest I have to account for the possibility some of those things may be present. But mostly all I remember is laughing and being really impressed because my expectations were really low. This movie made me like Channing Tatum, and that's when I started paying attention to these directors. I still would rather see their version of Solo than even bother with the Ron Howard one.

I personally think it's difficult to find a big Hollywood comedy film that actually makes me laugh as intended, usually I find smaller jokes like in Marvel movies more successful than straight up comedies. But this one made me laugh, hard. Your mileage may vary.

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I don’t remember there being any toilet humor. There is “genital” humor but in a balanced and logical way. It’s high school after all.

Top Bottom