If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

Movies That Never Should Have Had A Sequel
(09-25-2019, 09:48 AM)SonofSinbad Wrote: The Lego Movie 2 is terrible  Sorry DigModiFicaTion

I know this is an old post but I just saw it and this is all I have to say to you.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 3 users Like TVs Frink's post
I was talking about this with my father the other day. I can't remember if any of these have already been said.
Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2: The first movie is such a unique movie. It's subtle and creepy and atmospheric. The second movie went the complete opposite direction, with tons of gore, no subtly, and extra comedy. There isn't much the series can do after that without rehashing the first two. I haven't seen the third movie, but I'm told that it's just a typical slasher.

Halloween : As good as 2018 and H20 are, Halloween 1 is a self contained story, and it doesn't need added depth. And from my experience, watching sequels and then rewatching the original kinda changes your perception, and it's hard to watch it with with a fresh mindset. To some it may be ruined. Not to me, but to some I'm sure.

There was more that I can't remember
Mega Man is best game.
[+] 1 user Likes jrWHAG42's post
Here's another one....

Star Wars
Completed Fanedits
Spider-Man 3 Back And Black

ITW
World War Z: Take Two
Crank: The SOS Cut
the blues brothers
[+] 2 users Like jswert123456's post
(04-15-2020, 06:07 PM)SonofSinbad Wrote: Here's another one....

Star Wars

I'd have to disagree. I love the Empire Strikes Back.

I'd instead say that Return of the Jedi should have never had a sequel.

Independence Day. Resurgence is just ........well if you've seen it you know.
[+] 1 user Likes DigModiFicaTion's post
Has anyone said Jurassic Park?

I kinda like Lost World but everything else after... Ehhhhh
[+] 2 users Like Masirimso17's post
(04-16-2020, 06:59 PM)Masirimso17 Wrote: Has anyone said Jurassic Park?

I kinda like Lost World but everything else after... Ehhhhh

Maybe an edit of all the sequels smashed together into one movie would be better or worse.
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
// IdeasIdea Central //
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
For me, the sequels and even the last act of the original JP fail to understand what made JP great (well for me at least). It wasn’t about a monster movie; it was the wonder and the scientific and ethical issues explored. In short, I liked the more sci fi aspects of it and less the monster movie aspects. The sequels are all focused on the monster movie aspects to near exclusion of everything else.
[+] 1 user Likes Moe_Syzlak's post
(04-17-2020, 02:44 AM)Moe_Syzlak Wrote: For me, the sequels and even the last act of the original JP fail to understand what made JP great (well for me at least). It wasn’t about a monster movie; it was the wonder and the scientific and ethical issues explored. In short, I liked the more sci fi aspects of it and less the monster movie aspects. The sequels are all focused on the monster movie aspects to near exclusion of everything else.

To be fair Lost World was (& Fallen Kingdom too I think) about animal abuse/cruelty however well executed you may think it was. I liked how Lost World reinforced the “don’t mess with nature” message from the first one. I haven’t seen Fallen Kingdom but I heard it was incredibly stupid especially at the end.

Let the dinosaurs die and protect the lives of many, or let them loose to the world and threaten the entire human race?

Jurassic World was I think was a metacommentary about commercialization/capitalism/franchising... in the sequel to one of the most highest grossing film series ever... and became the third highest grossing film ever until Force Awakens surpassed it... Man that movie was at odds with itself.

I think 3 was the most superfluous one.
I stopped watching after 3. I thought both 2 and 3 were horrible. But I had also read the Lost World book, which was far superior to the film which bears only a passing resemblance to Crichton’s novel. But again, I also mostly didn’t like even the third act of the original JP.