• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Songs Stuck in Your Head

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I constantly have songs stuck in my head. Sometimes just parts of a song, sometimes multiple songs, sometimes multiple songs that blend together into one. The worst is when I don't know the nof a song or any of the words, so I can't even look it up. 
So I made this thread so that I can just throw out whatever tune is on my mind, as can you, potentially. 

I've been meaning to make this thread for a while, and now that I finally make it, I have nothing in particular on my mind to share at the moment. But that will change soon probably.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Me and Bobby McGee just popped in my mind. I only know the song because it's on the Watchmen soundtrack, of which the contents of are included on my Google Play Music favorites playlist.

It'sOnRandom

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Beat wise this is allways in my head

Lyrically 

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Beat wise, I constantly have the beginning drum of Scentless Apprentice by Nirvana on my mind.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ Truth.

Surely this one..? ;)

(Lovely ELO cover)

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I get songs in my head daily, but its fine because its a nice distraction from tinnitus, and its never songs I don't like, it would only be a problem if it was polka getting stuck in my head. F#CK POLKA!

Basically if there is no actual music playing then there might as well be, sometimes I'm doing something then I have to go for a walk or something and go to shut off the radio only to realize it wasn't even turned on.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Rogue-theX said:
I get songs in my head daily, but its fine because its a nice distraction from tinnitus, and its never songs I don't like, it would only be a problem if it was polka getting stuck in my head. F#CK POLKA!

oh god. My grandmother (Polish) loved polkas, and played them constantly at her house. It was like hours and hours of the same song. Polkas do not leave your head once you stop the music.

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
You have my sympathies. No one should have to endure such tortures.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
addiesin said:

Oh god that's so annoying.

The album artwork is from Nine Objects of Desire, not Tom's Album.

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Surely one of the smartest song title...

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
For the past few hours, "You can't kill me 'cause I'm already inside you" has been chanting in the back of my mind, from Slipknot' s song (sic).

baileym43

Reaction score
Trophy Points
for YEARS and YEARS i had a song stuck in my head that i had no idea what any words were (just kinda mumbled sounds in my head) then a long Na-na-na-na part.
i'd searched it again and again for the past 25 years with zero luck.  (well not that long, i didn't start using the internet until around '98 and search engines weren't much back then.  maybe the last decade i'd been trying to find out this song.)
it really wasn't until a couple months ago that i found it and i think it's only because of how sophisticated google syntax search as become or maybe at how saturated with spider-webbed information the internet is.  i dunno.
i typed into google: naaa na na na na na na na na na naaaaa song.  it was like the second or third result.

then there's anytime the sun breaks out from some clouds, rain or otherwise, this pops in my head...

for now though, my daughter is hooked on Megan Trainor's Better When I'm Dancin' and listens to it all the time.
but she's 3 and gets a big smile when the song comes on and tries to sing along and is completely adorable so i don't mind at all.

Top Bottom