• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Hasbro announces Bumblebee will be the start of a new Transformers movie continuity

TinyBreadMouse

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thank God for Hasbro finally taking back control of Bayformers.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Why is the thread title longer than the OP? And I should get around to watching "Bumblebee". Reave says it's good, and he's never wrong.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
proof-or-it-didnt-happen.jpg

;)

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
When I first heard the announcement yesterday, I thought it was clickbait. No direct quotes from Hasbro were included in the article I read, and both they and the filmmakers had repeatedly said around the time of the movie's release that it was just a prequel, and noted its multiple ties to the Michael Bay movies (known in the TF community as "Bayformers").

Now, TFW2005 (a Transformers fan site) has an official quote, with Hasbro saying that Bumblebee is the start of "a new storytelling universe." 

https://news.tfw2005.com/2019/02/16..._IAL06pknvxa7ETcV2AH3ujhbKsMpa6DCWa6S9AciOr5c

It's not a very long quote, and I don't know how reliable TFW2005 is. But the quote is out there everywhere now, and everyone is talking about it. If Hasbro wants to refute it, they'll have to do so quickly. But it does sound to me like they finally accepted it. 

I haven't seen Bumblebee yet, but it sounds great. It's the first TF movie to get a good rating at all on Rotten Tomatoes, and the ratings are off-the-charts good besides (93%. The next highest is only 57%!). So it sounds like a fresh start is for the best.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I don't care one whit about Transformers, but I'm happy for y'all Transformers fans.

Top Bottom