• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

A Guide to the Basics of Video/Audio Editing....

ArtofLife

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Where in the forum can I find a guide(s) to the basics of video/audio editing? I'm creating my first edit and I want to get try to it right.

The Technical Information forum has many threads that address this question.

In order to answer your question one would need to know what NLE you are using.

I'm using Vegas Pro 16.0 [font=Raleway, sans-serif]while also using Premiere Pro CC to only know on where to cut the audio by the frame because Vegas doesn't have this feature.[/font]

ArtofLife said:
I'm using Vegas Pro 16.0 while also using Premiere Pro CC to only know on where to cut the audio by the frame because Vegas doesn't have this feature.

Do you mean unlink the audio from the video track?

No. When I edit the audio I like to be precise on where the sound(s) begins and ends. Premiere Pro allows you to hear the audio while going through the video and audio tracks and then when you go frame by frame you can still hear every beat by beat from the audio.

For ex. If I were to to cut a scene out from a film I would cut the video from where the first frame of the scene starts and the next scene of the frame that I want to leave in begins. For the audio I would start from where the sound of the scene begins and the next sound of the scene that I want to leave in begins. 

I hope this makes sense.

I don't think that answered the question.

Do you mean unlink the audio from the video track?

No. Premiere Pro allows you to hear the audio while going through the track(s) and when you go frame by frame you hear every beat of sound which is very helpful in precision when cutting a scene. 

I use it as a guide for Vegas Pro because Vegas doesn't allow you to hear the sounds from the audio track(s) unless you click the play button.

I'm confused. Can you post a video example of what you are describing?

I think I understand what you are describing but it doesn't seem necessary to me.  I guess it could save a bit of time but I usually just hit play, cut, hit play again, make a small tweak if I'm off slightly, and done.

TVs Frink said:
I think I understand what you are describing but it doesn't seem necessary to me.  I guess it could save a bit of time but I usually just hit play, cut, hit play again, make a small tweak if I'm off slightly, and done.

^ This. I get most of the information I need out of the displayed peak file, and adjust to my ears.

TVs Frink said:
maybe someday someone will clean it up

tenor.gif

Back
Top Bottom