• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

GODDAMMITSOMUCH

My old Spanish teacher mentioned that when he was younger he just called all soda Coke. He was a Spanish speaker living in a primarily English speaking place as a child, so I understood it as just being easier to keep track of. Now looking at the chart, I'm realizing that it wasn't that, it was a matter of everyone in Texas calling soda Coke.

I don't know which is worse — that cats left a partially devoured rat on the back porch, or that there are rats in the neighbourhood for them to catch.

I like being in Chicago, but i wish it was in another state because Illinois taxes are horrible (especially with the recent dramatic increases) and all the budget goes right to Chicago and the rest of the state gets shit. I don't think most politicians realize there's a whole state south of it.

I do like going to Chicago though.

I'm not surprised so many crappy Millennial pop tarts have been influenced by Madonna. Her persona and her music suck.

Duragizer said:
Madonna. Her persona and her music suck.

The 'Like a Prayer' song is up there with Beethoven and Mozart. The rest I can take it or leave.

The bit at 1.32 where the drums kick in after she sings "Heaven help me!" and at 2.24 when she sings "Let the choir sing!" and all the Gospel chorus comes in and when the choir is going full strength 4 mins in. Pop art.

Oh and she is awesome in Evita.

^ I'm more of a "La Isla Bonita" guy myself...

... But I once saw a very pregnant woman karaoke-ing "Papa Don't Preach," and every time she sang "I'm keeping my baby," she stroked her belly, and the crowd went wild. :p

And, while I haven't heard her new album, there's some rock-solid tracks on 2015's Rebel Heart, especially "Wash All Over Me":

I didn't get a wink of sleep last night and I've picked up a bug which has left my throat feeling dry and irritated.

I finally got approved for Medicaid. The welcome packet said congratulations. *Congratulations*. CONGRATULATIONS. Congratulations on working at a job that pays *so fucking little* that after paying rent and bills you can't even afford basic healthcare, despite the fact that four grown adults, all of which are supported by the state, completely rely on you for their well-being and quality of life, and without you wouldn't be able to hold down jobs or lead healthy lifestyles. But you're still worthless. Fuck!

I recently learned about goop. Now I don't just dislike Gwyneth Paltrow as an actress, but as a human being, too.

When I was young, I loved Friday nights/weekends and looked forward to them all the rest of the week.

Now that I'm spiritually old, I loathe Fridays/weekends and dread them with every fibre of my being.

Duragizer said:
When I was young, I loved Friday nights/weekends and looked forward to them all the rest of the week.

Now that I'm spiritually old, I loathe Fridays/weekends and dread them with every fibre of my being.

Must... resist... urge to... snark... saltily...

Second hand smoke will be the death of me.

Back
Top Bottom