• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

GODDAMMITSOMUCH

Virgin since 1987, horny since 1999. Makes me yearn for my childhood asexuality.

Duragizer said:
Virgin since 1987, horny since 1999. Makes me yearn for my childhood asexuality.

There are nicer ways to say you like me than "I've been horny since you were born" y'know.

While trying to fit a piece of wood in the wood stove, the pipe popped out of the wall. Managed to get the bastard back in place, but now the basement's smoky.

I opened the case of one of my all-time favourite albums, Nick Drake's 'Bryter Layter' and the CD wasn't there. I'm almost certain I've dropped it in the rubbish and it's gone. I searched for a long time but have now accepted the loss and started the grieving process. Why do you punish me like this God! I just want to listen to it's sweet, sweet 24-bit remaster of 'At the Chime of a City Clock', is that too much to ask!

(buys another copy off eBay)

Did you do the right thing and get vinyl this time?

Possessed said:

No, the stylus in my car stereo is broken too. I would like that album on vinyl though.

Possessed said:
TM2YC said:
Possessed said:

No, the stylus in my car stereo

The WHAT

I was joking although it's not inconceivable:

lawxtcY.jpg

Duragizer said:
Possessed said:
Such as not at all,  for example.

*gif removed by moderator*

I somehow missed this early but I've removed it now.  I mean really?  Grow up.

I think my computer might have a virus. It's gone retro on startup and says it "failed to connect to a windows service".

Not ideal right now.

The Scribbling Man said:
I think my computer might have a virus. It's gone retro on startup and says it "failed to connect to a windows service".

Not ideal right now.

Google the term "failed to connect to a windows service". Lots of answers and videos come up. First result:

Fix – “Failed to connect to a Windows service” in Windows 10
  1. Press Windows Key + X and choose Command Prompt from the menu.
  2. When Command Prompt starts, type netsh and press Enter.
  3. Now enter winsock reset and press Enter to run it.
  4. Restart your computer and check if the issue is resolved.

TM2YC said:
Google the term "failed to connect to a windows service". Lots of answers and videos come up. First result:

Fix – “Failed to connect to a Windows service” in Windows 10
  1. Press Windows Key + X and choose Command Prompt from the menu.
  2. When Command Prompt starts, type netsh and press Enter.
  3. Now enter winsock reset and press Enter to run it.
  4. Restart your computer and check if the issue is resolved.

Thanks. First option I found was to run a scan. If it's not sorted after that and a reboot I'll try the above.

Well, tried a bunch of things and none of them worked. Last resort is apparently to dive into the reg - but when I tried to export a backup I got an error message.

Not boding well.

Earlier I told someone I was thinking about buying a laptop. My PC must have overheard.

People bad at managing money probably shouldn't own credit cards.

The bewildering/infuriating bullshit that went down this afternoon:

My sister was outside, sunbathing as she is wont to do at that time of day in sunny weather, when she received a phone call coming from the hospital. Assuming it was our mother, she answered. On the other end of the line was an unfamiliar woman who began asking for my sister's name. She provided her name, only for the caller to mispronounce it. After a little back-and-forth to get the pronunciation of my sister's name right, this anonymous caller told my sister that she was being held hostage, to call for help; the caller then hung up. My sister then phoned the hospital to talk to my mother; the nurse on the other end said our mother couldn't come to the phone for unspecified reasons.

My sister came inside and told me all about the strange call and being unable to get hold of our mother. I told her to call the hospital again. The nurse again told us that we wouldn't be able to reach our mother, this reason being all the nurses were too preoccupied to bring her to the phone. My sister asked the nurse to tell our mother we called; the nurse asked for my sister's name; she gave it; the nurse mispronounced my sister's name in the exact same way the anonymous caller did.

Needless to say, we were spooked and got extremely paranoid; I started wondering if some paranoid schizos had escaped isolation and taken over part of the hospital and did something to our mother. So my sister and I hurried to leave for the hospital. We got to the hospital, saw our mother, and nothing seemed out of the ordinary. We stayed ten minutes or so then returned home.

Near as we can figure it, some bored nurse paid us a crank call to get her rocks off. Don't know why she chose us or even how precisely she got our number, but I can't think of a more logical alternative scenario.

tl;dr: There're too many weirdos in the world, and not the good ones like Divine or Mr. Rogers, but assholic or outright evil weirdos.

Duragizer said:
There're too many weirdos in the world, and not the good ones like Divine or Mr. Rogers

Ha. Brilliant.

Back
Top Bottom