• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

HD2DVD Transfer Cover

Kracker

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I was thinking we should give the HD2DVD transfers a new look for the covers... So i was thinking why not go with something like the SuperBit cover for DVD's.

Moved cover to neew post

very nice look for HD2DVD sets. Bravo, kracker!

Thanks Boon..... I made another temp for the HD2DVD series.
Brush Chrome & the Scratched Stainless.

hd2dvd2tempspk4.jpg

Nice! Simple, classic, elegant. I'd be interested to see what you'd come up with experimenting in non-metallic textures as well (leather, wood, marble, etc.) just to differentiate it from the SuperBit look, but these are excellent. Very nice work.

Ron Moses

As TheCassidy said give credit to DarkJedi on the cover. So i took the banner & put it on the back of the cover.
This is some of the HD2DVD transfers that Dark Jedi did. This cover is still a concept cover.
Ron i tried the wood & it doesn't look so hot.
hd2dvdtranfers2au3.jpg

hd2dvdjaws2woodff6.jpg

Kracker said:
Ron i tried the wood & it doesn't look so hot.
No, you're right about that. At least not that pattern. I guess my only concern is that the design is very close to the SuperBit packaging, which I assume was the original intent, but I had to wonder if a slight divergence wouldn't serve better. It was just a thought. Really nice work, Kracker!!!

Ron Moses

Very nice, Kracker.

To be straight on the specs, every HD-to-DVD I've seen is 1.78:1, because that's the ratio of a widescreen TV. There is a bit of a difference between 1.78:1 and 1.85:1, and a very noticable difference between 1.78:1 and 2.35:1.

Hmm, I think it can it be put this way. If you take a screencap with a computer, and there's no black bars at all, it's 1.78:1. If there are tiny black bars, it's 1.85:1. If there are thicker black bars, it's 2.35:1. That make sense?

Scratched Stainless looks really good to me. The only this is maybe you should try using the normal Superbit style. These discs don't have any features, so the 'Deluxe' doesn't fit, and the 'Transfer' version you did is weird and kind of out of place. But good work.

Here is a different version of the cover.... I changed the transfer font on the front cover & put in a new twilght Zone cover.

Moved cover to neew post

Creature from the Black Lagoon
hd2dvdcreaturefromtheblwv2.jpg

Jaws 2
hd2dvdjaws2previewqs7.jpg

The Monster Squad
hd2dvdthemonstersquadprzs8.jpg

The monster Squad & Twilight Zone: The Movie should be full complete covers & i will uplaod them at a later date.

Creature from the Black Lagoon
hd2dvdcreaturefromtheblsm3.jpg

Howard the Duck
hd2dvdhowardtheduckprevcm5.jpg

Jaws 2
hd2dvdjaws2preview2ba5.jpg

The Monster Squad
hd2dvdthemonstersquadpriv9.jpg

Twilight Zone: The Movie
hd2dvdtwlightzonethemovtq3.jpg

Jaws and Howard the Duck look sweeeeeeeet ... you should do one for Legend of Billie Jean also ...
when will they be available for download?

Back
Top Bottom