• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Batman Beyond (2020)

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
They may be taking a page out of Spider-Verse's book for this one

After concept art of an unknown animated Batman movie was posted on r/DCEULeaks, The GWW did some digging and learned that the Warner Animation Group is working on an animated Batman Beyond movie that will be receiving a theatrical release.

Sources tell us that this is DC’s response to Sony’s incredibly successful animated movie ‘Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse’. They’re currently targeting a 2022 release but that is not set in stone. A cast and crew have not been announced. SuperBroMovies writer Daniel Ritchman also showed us a slate of when WAG movies will go into production, with a DC one in 2020. It’s likely that this is the 2020 project.

The film will be based on the 90s series of the same name, which saw high schooler Terry McGinnis take up the mantle of Batman under the wing of a retired Bruce Wayne in the year 2039. It ran for 52 episodes before ending in December 2001

https://thegww.com/report-warner-br...d-batman-beyond-movie-for-theatrical-release/

They're also looking for an Asian-american to voice Terry

Handman

Reaction score
Trophy Points
New voice cast... new creative team... loses my interest. :-/ I loved the original show, and this doesn't seem to involve anyone who worked on it.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm open to it, until I see what it looks like and find that they made small subtle changes, then I'll be outraged! But I'll probably watch it on a streaming service in a few years.

thecuddlyninja

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
addiesin said:
I'm open to it, until I see what it looks like and find that they made small subtle changes, then I'll be outraged! But I'll probably watch it on a streaming service in a few years.

Hahaha great comment. This is me about so many things.

mnkykungfu

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Zarius said:
They may be taking a page out of Spider-Verse's book for this one
After concept art of an unknown animated Batman movie was posted on r/DCEULeaks, The GWW did some digging and learned that the Warner Animation Group is working on an animated Batman Beyond movie that will be receiving a theatrical release.

Sources tell us that this is DC’s response to Sony’s incredibly successful animated movie ‘Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse’. They’re currently targeting a 2022 release but that is not set in stone. A cast and crew have not been announced. SuperBroMovies writer Daniel Ritchman also showed us a slate of when WAG movies will go into production, with a DC one in 2020. It’s likely that this is the 2020 project.

The film will be based on the 90s series of the same name, which saw high schooler Terry McGinnis take up the mantle of Batman under the wing of a retired Bruce Wayne in the year 2039. It ran for 52 episodes before ending in December 2001

https://thegww.com/report-warner-br...d-batman-beyond-movie-for-theatrical-release/

They're also looking for an Asian-american to voice Terry

Wait, so DC is resurrecting a beloved property without involving anyone who made it great in an attempt to mimic something unique that Marvel already did?  Nooooo.... I can't believe it.

mnkykungfu

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well, you've got to respect the work behind that trailer.  I hate the idea of Tom Holland portraying Terry though.  And Michael Keaton is not my Batman or my Bruce Wayne.  Yeah, I said it!

MusicEd921

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
What will DC do when they run out of things to do with Batman?  MAYBE, just maybe they'll put some effort into another character?

wilhelm scream

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
musiced921 said:
What will DC do when they run out of things to do with Batman?  MAYBE, just maybe they'll put some effort into another character?

I would love if they put the effort into Wonder Woman.

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Maybe we’ll FINALLY get a Wonder Twins movie.

get

*fingers crossed*

Top Bottom