• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

2018 FEOTY Awards - Best New Faneditor

Who is the best new faneditor of 2018?

• 15MaF

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Bobson Dugnutt

Votes: 12 57.1%
  • lapis molari

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Last Impressions

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ryantology

Votes: 4 19.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.
  • Poll closed .

thecuddlyninja

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It's almost the end of the year. Let's conclude the 2018 FEOTY Awards, before we start the 2019 Awards in January. Voting for the 2018 polls closes on 18 December. So if you haven't voted yet: vote now!
Voting eligibility: Voting is limited to active members who have been registered for more than a month and have a minimum of 5 posts.

Welcome to the 2018 FEOTY kickoff. The first category is 'Best New Faneditor.' 2018 brought us a new crop of talented faneditors. It was hard to narrow this list down. Ultimately, we went with a list of new editors who had multiple fanedits which were reviewed well. There were a few new editors with very popular edits but it was the only one they did in 2018, so they didn't quite make this list.

The nominees are:

@"15MaF" 
Blade Runner: The Analogue Cut
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull: Recut by 15MaF

@"Bobson Dugnutt" 
Captain America: The Winter Soldier - Defrosted Edition
T2: Judgement Day - Fourth Option: Special Edition Remastered
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man
Back to the Future: The Reality Cut
Back to the Future: Greater Scott Edition
Seinfeld: The Extended Series - Season 1 & 2
The Lost World: Jurassic Park - The Cretaceous Cut
Spider-Man 3.1: The Hybrid Cut
Dude, There's Your Car!
Click: Fast Forward
X-Men: Days of Future Past - The Rogueless Cut
Jackass: The Movie 1.5

@"lapis molari" 
Indiana Jones and The Temple of Doom: Willie Scott Edition
Back to the Future 2: Biff Changes Time
Back to the Future 3: Marty Changes History
Skyfall: The Past Haunts Us
Thunderball: The Kiss Kiss Bang Bang Cut

@"Last Impressions" 
La La Land: No Dancing Edition
Mars: Phase 1 & Phase 2
Lean on Pete: Featuring the Music of Richmond Fontaine

@"Ryantology"
Halloween Resurrection: Resurrected
Halloween II: The Likable Characters Cut
Halloween: 10 Years of Terror
Batman: The Man Who Laughs
Rob Zombie's Halloween (The 1978 Edit)
David Gordon Green's Halloween

Good sportsmanship: Faneditors are not allowed to vote for their own edit in the 2018 FEOTY Awards. Faneditors are not allowed to solicit votes by PMing users or promoting the poll in other forums or social sites.
If you have a fanedit entered in a category, you may want to shout this from the rooftops. That's great! Just take care that you encourage others to vote in the category, rather than specifically for your edit. For example, this is good: "My Something_Amazing edit is one of the entries for FEOTY! Please vote for the edit you like best." While this goes too far: "My Something_Amazing edit is up for FEOTY! Go vote for my edit!" Any enthusiasm that crosses into the grey area of "is it or isn't it" will be evaluated by FE moderators on a case by case basis. In the event of vote manipulation, FE moderators may adjust the number of votes or disqualify an entry.

Now if you haven't voted yet: vote!

Wow! I'm honored to be on the list. And flattered. That's some tough competition. Are we allowed to vote for ourselves? :dodgy:

But seriously, I learned tons (and continue to) from input in the forums, from @"The Scribbling Man"'s generous feedback for my first submission, and from reading other editors' threads and getting a "look in the kitchen" on how they make their edits better.
While we may not (yet) have an award for the old hacks, my appreciation to all of you. :cool:

It is truly a great feeling to be a part of this. I was so pumped to join this community in general and it’s been so nice being able to share my work here. Thanks for the time and effort putting this together!

Thanks for the consideration folks. It's been very rewarding to contribute to the pool of creativity here.
All the best.
15MaF

Ryantology's work with some truly awful Halloween films should be recognized with some kind of award! He's got my vote.

Conrad MacIntyre said:
Ryantology's work with some truly awful Halloween films should be recognized with some kind of award! He's got my vote.

Just glad there are people out there who can now enjoy bad Halloween sequels with me! Now we can just pretend Michael Myers was never in any type of Kung fu battle. Seriously, thanks for the compliment and the vote!

AHHHH this is nice...I don't have a high hope in winning but just to be mentioned let alone nominated amongst my peers makes my heart glow like E.T.

Back
Top Bottom