If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

January 2019 FEOTM - Every month we ask the community to vote on their Favorite Fanedit of the Month. To view the nominees and vote visit this thread.

"Waterworld: The Ulysses Cut" gets official Blu-ray release.
The fanedit "Waterworld: The Ulysses Cut" has now been released as part of an official Blu-ray set, and can now be purchased.

https://www.diabolikdvd.com/product/wate...e-blu-ray/
Courage, men! we've not sunk before, and we'll not sink now!
(01-26-2019, 11:27 PM)hbenthow Wrote: The fanedit "Waterworld: The Ulysses Cut" has now been released as part of an official Blu-ray set, and can now be purchased.

I must be a Willie Sausagehead because I am confused. Is this a fanedit (for sale?), an official release or both?
A purveyor and connoisseur of quality edits for thirty seven years.

Working on my first booze drenched hard rocking edit intended for public consumption.

Cut to Zeppelin (Sharp Objects: Shorter, Faster, and Harder)
(01-27-2019, 12:36 AM)Denizen Wrote: I must be a Willie Sausagehead because I am confused. Is this a fanedit (for sale?), an official release or both?

It's an official Blu-ray release of "Waterworld" that includes multiple cuts, including the "Ulysses Cut" fanedit.
Courage, men! we've not sunk before, and we'll not sink now!
It's an official release. It seems to be pretty much an official version of the fan edit, which was just restoring the censored scenes to the extended TV cut anyway if I'm not mistaken.
I got the set last week but haven't got around to watching it yet. This is all the info that the packaging has on the Ulysses Cut (beyond what it says on the Amazon listing):

[Image: 31951027437_767d815194_c.jpg]
Wow! So that particular fanedit is legendary. I can't wait to watch it. I always felt that movie was better than all of the backlash. I did drag on and have major plot holes.
A purveyor and connoisseur of quality edits for thirty seven years.

Working on my first booze drenched hard rocking edit intended for public consumption.

Cut to Zeppelin (Sharp Objects: Shorter, Faster, and Harder)
So now that this edit is getting an official release, does that mean that it is now the company's property, making it illegal to trade the edit without buying the new release?
Mega Man is best game. 
Yes.

Well, "illegal" can mean lots of things.  But as far as this site is concerned, you must buy the new release.  There's no reason to download the edit anymore unless you're ok with piracy, which we are not.

If you have any further concerns on this matter (speaking to everyone now), consult the Own The Source rule, and then PM a staff member if needed.  Further discussion of the rules in this thread is not permitted.
I was just curious, I wasn't going to try to fight the rules or argue or complain or anything, just curious. I'll drop it then.
Mega Man is best game. 
I watched the new Arrow-Video restored 3-hour "Ulysses" cut this evening. 99% of it looks like stunning detailed HD and I was wondering where all the "unfinished" shots were? It's only until the very last part when a few dodgy looking shots creep in and then there is a whole minute that looks like upscaled cr*p going into the epilogue.

I saw the Theatrical Cut at the cinema in 1995 and like most people I was disappointed it wasn't as good as, or anything like 'Mad Max 2' as one might've expected from the promotional material and premise. I remember not liking the Dennis Hopper centered scenes and in this longer cut, I liked them even less. The character scenes between the three main characters are captivating and the parts where The Mariner is going full Errol Flynn and showing what a proficient badass he is are thrilling. Whenever the film moves away from those two successful elements, it grinds to a halt.

The opening FX shot where you see the world's land masses swallowed up by the melting ice-caps seems a whole lot less like fantasy in 2019.

Definitely some great fanedit potential here.