• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Rogue One: The Battle of Scarif:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Rogue One: The Battle of Scarif:

First of all I really enjoy this edit for many reasons. I love that now if I want to watch the saga in order it serves as the perfect gap between Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope. While I do really enjoy the main characters of the film, they are relatively unimportant to the Skywalker saga. You don't need to see their arch or journey in the film for this reason. Yet you still have Bail Organa, Mon Mothma, Vader, Leia, and Tarkin in the film making it worth watching if you want to watch the saga in order.

OVERALL PROS: It is a great edit worth watching especially if you just want rogue one to be an interlude between Episodes 3 & 4.
It makes the film even better if you watch a ROTS edit with the deleted scenes about the formation of the rebel alliance.
I loved the structure of the film most of all. Starting with Vader and ending with him was a superb idea.
The opening crawl is much needed and fits amazing.

CONS: I think the scene of Chirrut's death is moreso ruined with the audio editing during the scene. The added music for most of the edit for me is out of place and felt unwelcome. This is basically the only gripe I have even though it is a MAJOR one in my opinion.

The edit is a great edition to the site. Thanks eldusto!

https://ifdb.fanedit.org/rogue-one-the-battle-of-scarif/discussions/10171/

Top Bottom