• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Twin Peaks: Between Two Worlds - Part III:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Twin Peaks: Between Two Worlds - Part III:

This really is an achievement. Somehow, Q2 has cut a third out of the show, and yet it still feels like what I loved about the original season. Slow, methodical and taking its sweet time in any given scene. I still have that feeling, but a lot has been excised. The choice of what to cut was spot on, I don't think there are any narrative issues with the main plots due to cuts. These edits manage to retain the pacing I loved but tell the story more efficiently. There are some minor nitpicks (the "between two worlds" font height, would like an intro to Ben a bit earlier, would like to see Steven being shitty before the hotel scene, ummmmm. I think that's all) but nothing that brings down my enjoyment. Here are some things that I loved:
- Insert of Laura in part 1
- Placement of log lady scenes in general
- Two ending scenes in part 1 are perfect
- Repurposing of Blunted Beatz
- Placement of the two 'thumbs up's
- Part 2 ends wonderfully - the Coop(ish) hero moment and then evil getting loose then bang, credits
- Placement of scene where Bobby sees Laura's picture - that scene will get me every time
- Flow of Mr C/Ray plotline
- The balance between the "real world" and the surreal interdimensional stuff felt just right for me
- The use of episode 1 and 8 footage in the final part 5 is inspired. I like how it made some of the connections more clear and played well together

Overall this is a fantastic way of experiencing the Return, a worthy alternative experience. It is of course on my shelf like all of Q2's David Lynch fanedits.

https://ifdb.fanedit.org/twin-peaks-between-two-worlds-part-iii/discussions/10168/

Top Bottom