• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Slumdog Millionaire

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It was not quite what I would have expected from the next Danny Boyle movie, but nevertheless it was a great one. About growing up in one of the poorest of places, about survival, about naivety, about trust, about family. The idea of putting the plot into an episode of Indian "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?" was really a cool way to tell a drama and never be boring or too over the top. "the Curious Case Of Benjamin Button" was also telling the story of a life, but Slumdog Millionaire is IMO the way better approach to tell a fascinating love and drama story.
I recommend this.

sounds good. this is in my blockbuster queue. looking forward to watching it

I've heard nothing but good things about this film and I'm itching to watch it.

apparently the Indians didnt like it very much.

Nah, just a bunch of uptight idiots who haven't actually watched it. Happens everywhere.

oh good cos im going to see it next week hopefully.

Just got back from the cinema.

bloody brilliant! highly recommended, everything boon said it was and more.

I'm sure I must have missed something here.

I watched it a few weeks ago before it was the next best thing to fanedits and I liked it, but I wasn't in awe of it or anything. Yea it's good - but I didn't think great. I won't be buying the DVD or anything.

To be honest, I enjoyed The Curious Case of Benjamin Button more.

I read the book the film was based on, called Q&A over the past few days. It's a really very good book, Boyle was saying he couldn't put it down and he is right, because I couldn't either. And there's a great twist at the end.

im about 100 pages in at the mo and loving it but boy is it DIFFERENT to the movie.

It was good, but not more than that for me.

Really unpleasant to watch, but it's good to get a few of those movies in each year.

Back
Top Bottom