• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

What hopefully is my last Halloween edit... Halloween 2007 (The 1978 cut)

Ryantology

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
So, ready to clear out my Halloween fanedit cache so that I can start working more on my X-men Origins: Wolverine edit and finally leave the world of Haddonfield to its own devices. My edit of Halloween 2018 should be live today or tomorrow and here are some clips from my edit of Rob Zombie's Halloween. The overall intention of this edit was to tonally get the movie closer to its 1978 predecessor. The white trash family angle has been all but cut and the language and gore has been really toned down. I used scores from several Halloween movies but leaned pretty heavily on the Halloween 2018 soundtrack as it actually fits really well with Rob Zombie's visuals. Attached are a few sample clips and I hope to have it posted on the site soon!

PLease PM me this. Thank you.

I finally got a chance to watch this. Brilliant. It played out much more like the original. The change and additions of various Halloween scores across many of the past movies really did it for me. With a short time of 70 minutes, this was a fun alternative the Rob zombie addition and feels much more like a true remake and less of a reimagining. Awesome editing.

No offence to the OP, but I just don't get the reason behind this edit. If you edit the film to the point where it's a nearly a 1 to 1 remake of the film from the tone to the music, why not just watch the original?

If it was a first time fanedit then I would get it (testing the waters, working on rescoring), but it's not here...

No offence to the OP, but I just don't get the reason behind this edit. If you edit the film to the point where it's a nearly a 1 to 1 remake of the film from the tone to the music, why not just watch the original?

If it was a first time fanedit then I would get it (testing the waters, working on rescoring), but it's not here...
To say it's a 1 to 1 remake isn't something I would necessarily consider accurate. Its by no means Gus Van Sant's Psycho. The movie itself certainly has different set pieces (seeing Michael escape, Joe Grizzly, the Strode family attack, Annie surviving, the third act in the Myers house, etc.). No amount of cutting would ever get the tone of 2007 to match perfectly with 1978 and that's okay. I just wanted to cut down some of the gore and over the top white trash elements, the latter of which I found to be particularly distracting because of the execution. Other than the new prologue, most of the score is borrowed from Halloween 2018 because it suits Zombie's movie much better. Sure it has similarities to the original but most remakes do.

I would always no doubt choose to watch the original over this because I consider it to be a perfect film. This is fun if you want to kill 70 minutes with something that definitely plays much more aggressively.

Last edited:
This one really interests me as I always felt Rob Zombie made two different distinct films and mashed them together. Really like the idea

This one really interests me as I always felt Rob Zombie made two different distinct films and mashed them together. Really like the idea
I mean, his original plan was two different movies. One was a prequel explaining Michael's past and the other was a new spin on the original story.

But the Weinsteins forced him just to stick to a remake of the original and thus had to truncate the whole plan. He was able to bring more of his original ideas back with the Director's Cut of II though.

I have thought of making a fanedit of the 2007 remake that tries to bring it more in line with II, but I don't have the necessary provisions to make an edit......really need to invest in external hard drives one of these days.

If anyone has the link for this edit, please PM me. I've tried Ryantology but haven't heard back.

Im also interested as well. Supposedly there is a link on the info page but I do not see it.

Back
Top Bottom