• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Next Narnia film to be made with Fox

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
so is this a good thing or a bad thing?

i actually read VotDT a few weeks ago and to be honest i really cant see how its going to make a good movie, even though i loved the book as a kid rereading it as a an adult was a bit of a let down. the story moves too quickly, not a lot really happens, theres no real 'bad' guy so to speak and is just a bit 'weak' compared to the rest of the series. all in all i think the main point of the book is to make Eustace into a likable/heroic character for the next couple of proper narnia stories.

Aztek463

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Phew indeed. It's too bad Disney had to bail out when times got rough. Oh well...at least it's getting made :D

The Faceless One

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm not sure how I feel about this, I have always loved the BBC adaptations of the first 4 Narnia books, and I enjoyed the first film when I first saw it, however I wasn't very impressed wit the prince caspian film, and having since read the books for the first time I can see that they made a lot of changes, a few of the good and most of them bad, and when I saw TLTWATW again it struck me that although the adaptation was fairly faithful the dialogue had been modernised in a horrible way.

I agree with nOmArch that VofDT will not adapt very well to film, so I can see this going two ways either they'll make a lot of changes to make it into a more standard fantasy adventure film which means we'll get another horrible adaptation like Prince Caspian, or they'll make a very faithful adaptation which will probably be seen as boring by most and which I will never watch simply because of the association with Prince Caspian (which I don't want to watch again and although it could be improved by a fan-edit it can't be fixed), and after that they'll have to try and make an adaptation of Silver Chair which is probably even harder as it doesn't have a very serious tone.

So actually in conclusion I probably don't care either way what they do with it, I've got the books and the BBC versions, so they can do what they want.

lewis886

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
i'm excited... i'm a big fan of the books... and i've been fairly happy with what they've done with the movies so far.... so i'm just glad that the next one is getting made... voyage of the dawn treader was my favorite book..

joebshmoe

Reaction score
Trophy Points
the prince caspian movie was HORRIBLE.

might as well not be related to narnia AT ALL.

Top Bottom