• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Spider-Man: Far From Home

theryaney

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
[img=675x1000]https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/Pmi..._1SHT_6072x9000_TSR_03_rgb.jpg[/img][/CENTER]

International teaser trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/V38cLTYYXNw[/video]

Well that was an awesome teaser trailer. It looks fun, the effects are fine, it looks like it's gonna be a very exciting movie.

This movie will be set after the events of Endgame, so now we know, somehow at least Spider-Man and Nick Fury is back and alive, despite both of them crumbling to dust on screen. Jake Gyllenhaal is Mysterio in this movie, and he's looking good so far.​

Canon Editor

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I definitely prefer the international trailer. 
In general, this is fine.  Looking forward to it.

lapis molari

Better edits through feedback.
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Before I scrolled down the page, for a moment I thought that was YOUR cover for the upcoming Spidey film. And I thought "Dang! I know he's got skills, but this is amazing!" Then I was disappointed to realize it wasn't your cover but Marvel's own.

The trailer tickles my spider sense. Color me interested.   :cool:

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
National Lampoon's Spider-Man: European Vacation looks decent.

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
wAIT i tHOUGHT hE wAS dEAD

Seriously though, I’m hopeful for this one. Homecoming disappointed me, but I have a feeling this won’t make the same mistakes.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Still haven't bothered to watch the trailer yet. I'm sure the movie will be good, but I've grown tired of Spider-Man.

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Trailer contains major spoilers for Endgame and, well, everything else in this movie

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I got about 30-seconds in and got one of those "trailer that has the entire movie's plot scene-by-scene in it" vibe. Am I wrong, is it safe to watch the rest?

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It reveals a great deal of surprises in the movie, you're best advised to keep away.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
So based on the 

multiverse

comment, could this be the way Marvel brings Mutants/X-Men into the fold?

Or it could be all misdirection, since Mysterio is a master of illusion.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
bionicbob said:
So based on the 

multiverse

My bet is that

Mysterio isn't from another world at all, he's BSing, he created those elementals, maybe he has access to other-dimensions technology to make it work and control it, or maybe he can just project what he wants you to see into your head. Either way, he's setting up scenarios for himself to appear to save the day. The trailer is presenting illusion-creating villain Mysterio as being plain heroic. Ironically, MJ's words match my own for what I'm calling the intended twist. Kind of obvious.

But maybe the rip itself is real, and that's why Fury believes him? Maybe he really found it and whatever he's doing is tied to it?

But I could be wrong.

The trailer shows much more new stuff than just Endgame spoilers. Not sure yet if it's the whole plot, I hope there's more to it.

Nic

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Not gonna lie, when I first heard them mention
a multiverse
my mind immediately went
"Oh, so THIS is how Sony's going to open the door to their Venomverse!"

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
From all the spoiler tags being deployed, I think I made the right choice not to watch this trailer :D .

thecuddlyninja

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
addiesin said:
bionicbob said:
So based on the 

multiverse

My bet is that

Mysterio isn't from another world at all, he's BSing, he created those elementals, maybe he has access to other-dimensions technology to make it work and control it, or maybe he can just project what he wants you to see into your head. Either way, he's setting up scenarios for himself to appear to save the day. The trailer is presenting illusion-creating villain Mysterio as being plain heroic. Ironically, MJ's words match my own for what I'm calling the intended twist. Kind of obvious.

But maybe the rip itself is real, and that's why Fury believes him? Maybe he really found it and whatever he's doing is tied to it?

But I could be wrong.

The trailer shows much more new stuff than just Endgame spoilers. Not sure yet if it's the whole plot, I hope there's more to it.

That was my first thought, because (spoiler I guess?)
Mysterio is a bullshit artist in the comics

But then I realized that the smart move would be to play it straight, because
they should absolutely be setting up the future of the series, and alternate dimensions give you so much more storytelling possibilities. I think it would be bad to do it as a fake out here, Mysterio is really a petty criminal from this Earth, but then next movie actually have the alternate dimension thing be real, right? Obviously, Mysterio will be a bad guy but maybe he'll really have awesome powers. It's such a disappointment in the comics because you think he's going to be a cool big bad but nope. Now that I think about it, you could actually do any or all of that and just have him really be from another dimension. It's all on the table then. Good talk.

FWIW @TM2YC I don't think it's a spoilery trailer at all. Most of the spoiler tags are because of one line, which is only a spoiler for Avengers Endgame. So if you've seen Endgame, I'd watch this trailer. I don't think there's anything in the trailer that's not the first act,  maybe half of the movie. If you have no idea who Mysterio is from the comics I would avoid reading the spoiler tags in this thread, though.

baileym43

Reaction score
Trophy Points
bionicbob said:
So based on the 

multiverse

Sony can't touch Mutants (any of them, X-men or otherwise) without a deal with Disney, which i don't think they'd do.
the only thing they have to work with is the Spider-verse including Black Cat, Silver Sable, Carnage and Venom obviously.
which is what i think they are attempting to start building.  a seed was planted with Venom.  and then they start bringing in the likes of Kraven and Morbius.

i can't remember which video it was from Midnight's Edge, but they were saying Sony / Disney signed a three picture deal to share ONLY Peter Parker Spiderman.  and once that three picture deal is up (which they are two films into now) Sony is cutting ties with Dis-Marvel in hopes that their Spider Cinimatic Universe will be up and running.
Sony is releasing the side character movies then will tie them all together by bringing Spiderman into them.

that's my prediction.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I did not mean Mutants or the X-Men would specifically appear.  I was just suggesting that by introducing the Multiverse concept in the next Spider-man movie, Marvel might be laying the groundwork for how they could introduce Mutants in their cinematic universe now that they have regained full control of both X-Men and Fantastic Four.

Though I like @"addiesin" theory better.  ;)

asterixsmeagol

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
addiesin said:
My bet is that
Mysterio isn't from another world at all, he's BSing, he created those elementals, maybe he has access to other-dimensions technology to make it work and control it, or maybe he can just project what he wants you to see into your head. Either way, he's setting up scenarios for himself to appear to save the day.

This is my theory too.

Top Bottom