If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

Spider-Man: Far From Home
(05-06-2019, 04:26 PM)Neglify Wrote: So... is this thread from the multi-verse?

https://forums.fanedit.org/showthread.php?tid=17888

This time I'll say it more clearly.

Mods, can you please merge these threads? Zarius, remember to do a search before starting a new thread when new trailers drop.
Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this forum post do not represent the views of Fanedit.org or the Administrators. 
[+] 1 user Likes Neglify's post
(05-07-2019, 12:50 AM)thecuddlyninja Wrote: If you have no idea who Mysterio is from the comics I would avoid reading the spoiler tags in this thread, though.

I've heard of him.

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like TM2YC's post
(05-08-2019, 04:40 PM)Neglify Wrote:
(05-06-2019, 04:26 PM)Neglify Wrote: So... is this thread from the multi-verse?

https://forums.fanedit.org/showthread.php?tid=17888

This time I'll say it more clearly.

Mods, can you please merge these threads? Zarius, remember to do a search before starting a new thread when new trailers drop.

Yup. Done. Had to pull in the collider from the Into the Spider-Verse thread, but threads merged.
Spoiler free review....

"... let's go exploring!" -- CALVIN.
Saw it last night. I loved it! I can't rank it with the other Spidey movies yet (recency bias), but Holland's Peter & Zendaya's MJ might have overtaken Garfield's Peter & Stone's Gwen as my favorite live-action Spidey relationship.

The first half of the movie drags a little, but the second half is pretty incredible. I'll admit to the bias of Mysterio being one of my favorite Spidey characters and that every movie announcement before now bummed me out when they didn't use Mysterio, but now I'm thankful because oh boy did they use Mysterio well!

Also, yay, we can finally get through 2 Spidey movies without an Osborn or Goblin in sight!

A little bummed that Keaton didn't pop back up, I thought I heard he'd have a cameo in this one. Maybe it was cut along with the restaurant scene from the trailers?

This one also easily has top-3 tier mid and after credits scenes! Mid-credits is 100% essential, end credits is well worth sitting through and puts yet another twist on the entire movie (though less essential).
Yes, even though I wasn’t a fan of Homecoming, I loved this one. Everything about it was just... Wow! Way to make a sequel to an underwhelming first movie!

I can’t really decide whether this is better than The Amazing Spider-Man 2 or not -which I unironically love (yeah jrWHAG42 is not the only one with strange opinions)- but if we exclude that (because everyone else thinks it’s the worst anyway) I can safely say this is the best live-action Spider-Man film since Raimi’s Spider-Man 2 (which is still king IMO)
A totally delightful flick; the MCU is now 23 for 23, a run of solid to great movies so astonishingly consistent that it barely gets commented on anymore. That one mid-credits moment caused immediate and hearty applause in my theater. My only criticism is the slam-band shooty-shooty stuff at the end dragged a bit, but even then there were so many great moments sprinkled here and there that kept the sequence afloat. I still feel a strong personal loyalty to ASM1, a wonderful moment of reprieve from the worst season of my life, but FFH definitely gives it a run for its money as my favorite Spidey flick to date. (Tobey who?) And the subtle nod to that first-season Agents of SHIELD storyline was icing on the cake!

Grade: A-
(07-11-2019, 01:32 AM)Gaith Wrote: A totally delightful flick; the MCU is now 23 for 23, a run of solid to great movies so astonishingly consistent that it barely gets commented on anymore.

I find most of them pretty piss-poor or just "ok" personally.  I'm afraid to say their popularity baffles me.
[+] 2 users Like Zarius's post
(07-11-2019, 05:16 AM)Zarius Wrote: I find most of them pretty piss-poor or just "ok" personally.  I'm afraid to say their popularity baffles me.

Well, I could agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong, and who would that benefit? Wink
Saw it. Loved it. This Spider-Man is rapidly becoming my favourite. Mysterio was also awesome. The actors did an amazing job.
[+] 1 user Likes theryaney's post