• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Mandy maven48 edit

maven48

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
*update* this is now available on. info

I hope this is in the right section

I've been a member of the community for a long time but this will be the first edit I have shared. I have done many others but nothing I feel worthy. I thought Mandy was a great film but not without issues and as nobody has (yet) tackled it I thought I'd give it a shot. 

Even though I appreciate the style and revenge story, I found it to be unnecessarily long for the genre and a little meandering especially in the first hour. 

My intention in this version was to streamline and focus on the story. A basic list of changes follow. 

-removed most chapter cards
-removed animated segments
-cut opening quote 
-trimmed reds drive home 
-cut Mandys baby bird story 
-trimmed the lake scene
-removed dead rabbit 
-trimmed Jeremiah 'I need that girl' 
-removed ocarina
-trimmed calling the black skulls scene
-removed poisonous bug 
-trimmed Jeremiah and Mandy conversation 
-removed dagger 
-removed cheddar goblin (sorry, tough decision) -moved 'mandy' title card to this point 
-removed black skulls razor penis 
-pretty much the same from this point on 
-cut last shot 
-added children of the new dawn music to credits 

The new run time is around 1h35mins. The video is 3000kbps and the audio is 320bps aac. 

There is a slight bit of pixelation in one scene at the lake where there is a fair bit of detail but apart from that I think it looks pretty good for a 2.5gb file. 

If anybody is interested PM me for a link.

I am currently working on my own edit.

https://forums.fanedit.org/showthread.php?tid=17875

Although mine looks like a different concept to your version. I thought the black skulls were just filler characters and pointless to the story arc and had to go -the making of the battle axe also has to go and seemed ridiculous. In my edit Red finds the battle axe in the house.

I personally love the beginning of the film and its ethereal quality and the love between Mandy & Red is studied in the first part of the film and is paramount in the reasoning of Red's impending revenge. I've kept the revenge act as a more believable sequence....launching massive battleaxes from a long distance with a hand that was nailed to a floor the previous day...is a bit too much

maven48 said:
I hope this is in the right section

Ummm... Unfortunately it's not, but no worries, I've moved it to In-the-Works. :)

Fix and Mix is only for completed edits by editors approved by the Academy. Your edit will have to be reviewed by them before it can land a spot on the iFDB.

Ok, thanks for that. How do I go about submitting for review?

Cool, I wasn't expecting even 1 edit of Mandy (one of my favourite films from last year) and now it looks like we're going to get 2 edits, each with quite different goals :)

Mine too. Can I interest you in a link? I'm excited to show it off but nobody seems that interested.

Thread moved to pending now this has been submitted for Academy review. Thanks.

I'm pleased to announce that this edit is approved :D maven48, I'll PM you the submission form to get your edit listed on IFDB.

Congratulations. Thread moved.

Thanks guys. If anybody is interested I've messaged fanedit.info and there should be a dlc available on there soon or failing that pm me.

Back
Top Bottom