• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Star Wars: Episode VIII - The Last Jedi: Anti-Cringe-Cut:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Star Wars: Episode VIII - The Last Jedi: Anti-Cringe-Cut:

Having been left feeling very deflated by the Force Awakens I have yet to see another Star Wars film in the cinema. Getting the Blu-Rays and trying to avoid spoilers has been my preferred strategy. When the Last Jedi was released I managed to avoid spoilers, but there was a lot of talk about someone called Rose that I kept seeing on my social media. I get the Blu Ray in March last year and I am aghast at the film. This is supposed to be Star Wars? It took me three attempts to get through the film!

However, having watched Don Kamillo's edit I can say that this is now my go-to version. Don has removed a lot of the rubbish, leaving the story to focus more on Rey and Luke, and to a lesser extent the Rebels' escape. The only real casualty of Don's narrative is Finn, as most of his story is tied up with the worthless Rose (Who thankfully now is more or less an extra). More scenes with Poe are also a bonus (Glad that his "mutiny" scene is gone).

The look and sound of this edit are spot on. The new music additions don't jar, and logos at the start and the end are priceless (They certainly got a laugh when we watched this last night). Thanks to Don for polishing a turd in to what is now a decent film. Also we spotted the Wilhelm scream.

https://ifdb.fanedit.org/star-wars-episode-viii-the-last-jedi-anti-cringe-cut/discussions/10158/

Top Bottom